Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teddybear

King Phut............Update

Hi all, hope your having a wonderful Xmas. Just thought I'de update you on my first wad 'King Phut' (short for Phutuk). It's almost finished, as is the next wad, 'Project X' (working title). Both of these will be released as one level players and they will also form the basis for a maga wad I'dE like to do. This is where all you good honest people come in.

I wondered if there was anybody out there that could do maps but was not much on textures , lighting and gamne play. That's my bit. You see I'm no good with maps so if you'd like to join forces with me and help create a mega wad then drop me a PM.

Also, the first two wads need bug testing. Anyone interested?

Here's some screens of Project X.

Teddy ((( A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. )))

The map looks good. Personaly I'd replace the weapons with the standard ones, or even better convert the map for Hexen (wouldn't be that hard, and the textures fit more there than in DOOM), that'd make the mod more unique, as good Hexen mods are rare. Other than that looks promising.
I could help with many monster sprites and a map or two if you change to Hexen or Heretic.

dutch devil said:

The weapons are those from Risen3d as are all the models on the screens, the screens look average lots of misalignments.

Because the WAD uses Risen3D....

Sorry folks, I should of put that I use Risen3d. I've tried all the others but Risen3d is the one that just does it for me. I find the graphics so much sharper.

Teddy

There are many people here who think that the hires textures that are so obvious in your screenshots are a huge pile of shit. ;)

I see 1994 wads.
The architecture for screenshots 2&3 seem nice, but the level of detail and texture alignment is just horrible. I really don't like how the cement walls suddenly turn into marble bricks in 2&3 either. The only good thing I can really think of to say about screenshots 1&4 is that the textures look nice, but seeing as those are from Gothic DM, I can't really credit you for that.

Thanx Craigs, at last some decent criticism. In actual fact the pics are slightly in the wrong order, which I will correct. 1 & 4 are a different part of the wad. 3 is what's behind the lighted pillar in 2. As for the texturing, it was my poor attempt, being a newbie, at trying to think alien. They might not think as symetrical as we do. It obviously didn't work so I shall re-texture the level and approach it from a different angle. It was supposed to start in a medievil type church building then progress to a deep cavern underground. Oh well. as they say, back to the drawing board.

As for the design and textures used, I did say a couple of weeks ago in my last text that the maps were borrowed as were the textures. I'm far from being able to create my own yet.

Teddy

Those screenshots look great, but I am in the minority here because I only use OpenGL ports and won't bother with pwads tht won't run on one. Keep up the work and concentrate on gameplay.

Thanx Erp, I very much appreciate advice. Being a newbie, it's a job to know where to begin. I'm already on my 4th wad and haven't completed one yet. Hope I'm not the only one on that score.

Teddy

Do the screenshots look great because they are in a hi-res, 3D, OpenGL port with enhanced textures, or because the mapping is good, though?

gemini09 said:

Use Slige to make levels.

I'd have never dreamed to say that, but gemini is right.

Talk about me be behind the times. I mever realised programs like Slige existed. until now. now I find there's not only Slige but Randoom and RWS (Randomn World System) as well and probably many others out there. I say we should have more of these programs. It would really spark up more interest in wad creators.

Teddy