2007 Anticipations

Mine are:

Castle Wolfenstein
Halo 3
Transformers movie
Spider-Man 3
Bio-Shock
A life

P.S. And hopefully the announcement of some tricked out Doom 3 game for the 360.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
The new Megadeth album
The new Metallica album (heh)
The end of my junior year
Hopefully other great Wii and PC games

BioShock (probably the only thing that I might get a 360 for, unless another Deus Ex comes out on 360, which I sincerely doubt will happen)
Metroid Prime 3 (HOT BOUNTY HUNTRESS FTW)
I might join a band
I'll probably get a job sometime in the coming year
Transformers movie
Something remotely not unlike a social life

So far all I'm looking forward to is the Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary game. It's a full remake of the first Tomb Raider game.

If we're talking Doom, then I'll add:
Community Chest 3
KDiZD (unless they cancel it or it is already released...)

Windows Longhorn

Roland Juno 6 (I'll have the money for it then, it's quite old).
New Kaos Pad.
Releasing two cds in two bands.
Playing shows, getting wasted..

caco_killer said:

So far all I'm looking forward to is the Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary game. It's a full remake of the first Tomb Raider game.

Now let us hope to God that it doesn't turn out like Angel of Darkness did.

In order:

Crysis
Quake Wars
some info/preview of next id Software IP
some info/preview of Wolfenstien
UT2007
HL2EP2 Bundle
Supreme Commander
ATI R600
KDiZD

A test-flight of the Airbus A380 filled entirely with fuel to crash into a warehouse containing every PS3, Wii and 360 and all the new games in the country, and taking out the 'people' qeueing for them. Therefore removing stupidity from society at a stroke

And maybe foreigners stopping being so good at cricket

Fixing my other computer, upgrading it, installing WoW on it, then getting Burning Crusade when it comes out (in like 2 weeks).

Going to college again, I hope.
Hopefully finding a better job one way or another.
Final Fantasy 6 Advance

That's really all I'm looking forward to.

WoW

A couple of WoW addons, then, heh.
Maybe Starcraft Ghost? (I despise Blizzard's will of switching to consoles. What about modability, then?)

Getting into another art school and thus finally leaving my hometown.
And these games of course:
Bio-Shock
Quake Wars
Bio-Shock
Quake Wars
Bio-Shock
Quake Wars
Bio-Shock

And Alan Wake I suppose, although I don't think it'll run on my compy.

John Titor's prophecy finally coming true
The rapture

Kid Airbag said:

MORDETH EP2

I'd like to see how long the wait can be pushed. Mordeth should be a posthumous release.

deathbringer said:

And maybe foreigners stopping being so good at cricket

Yeah, especially those Britons.

printz said:

w00t another game from id!!

You mean another game pawned off by id to a 3rd party developer. It's really amazing how far id has gone down the crap chute. It's been over 10 years since Romero left and they haven't come up with even one new title in all that time. All they've done is made two completely disconnected sequels to Quake and an embarrassing Doom remake that isn't anything like the original game, and sold out all of their titles since Keen to 3rd party developers, without even bothering to oversee their work. That and managed to fire anyone with any creativity while promoting a guy who made crappy Doom 2 maps full of SS Nazis to lead designer.

But they are coming with a new title now. And that people hate Doom3 for not being the exact same game that Doom1 was, that's just stupid.

And that the Quake games are disjointed is not exactly a big whoop. Quake1 was ever disjointed with itself. During the last months of work on it they threw out all the RPG gameplay elements and replaced it with shotguns and nailguns, just so they could get it finished. You should realize that Quake is just a name, even in Quake 1 they didn't have any connection to the name, other than they had a "codename" for Shub Niggurath. The fact that they were pressured to come up with a solid name for Quake 2 that weren't already trademarked by some other company doesn't have anything to do with it I suppose.
Aren't you gonna hate on Squaresoft a bit for calling an entire series that has nothing to do with eachother other than the basic game play Final Fantasy too?

For me it's like every other game id makes is really fun for me. I love all the Doom games. I don't get strung up on some emotastic shit that Doom3 wasn't an exact replica of Doom1. If I had wanted that, then I wouldn't have needed another Doom game.

PC:

Alan Wake (but only if they finally realize making it Vista-only is moronic)
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars
Crysis
Half-life 2 Episode 2
Hellgate: London
Supreme Commander

Wii:

Disaster: Day of Crisis
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 2
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Films:

28 Weeks Later
Alien vs. Predator: Survival of the Fittest (but only for the Alien/Predator hybrid)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Spider Man 3

Other:

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (yes, I'm an illogical anti-Intel type)
Radeon X2000 series (or whatever it ends up being called)
Massive Attack's new album
Making Money (the next Discworld novel)
A permanent job (instead of crappy temp work)

kristus said:

Aren't you gonna hate on Squaresoft a bit for calling an entire series that has nothing to do with eachother other than the basic game play Final Fantasy too?

To be fair, the FF series has a lot more in common than the Quakes. There are literally dozens of recurring themes, plot elements, creatures, character names, items, spells, game engine mechanics, etc. A few examples: elemental crystals, airships, Chocobos, Moogles, Cactuars, summoned monsters, white and black magic, and turn-based battles.

kristus said:

But they are coming with a new title now. And that people hate Doom3 for not being the exact same game that Doom1 was, that's just stupid.

Maybe they had higher expectations than just another generic FPS.

Since Doom id has been an engine company, not a game company. I didn't play Quake when it came out, but did a couple of years ago and that game has not aged well. It feels like a disjointed tech-demo for true-3d, and not the exulted legend people feel it is. The gameplay is like Doom, but it plod along without the energy or speed of its predecessor. The art is somewhat haphazard, and the various monsters don't even follow a consistent theme.