Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lazer

Zdoom Scripting - Building a warp tupe to go between levels in a hub.

I'm trying to build a warp to system similar to that of Daedalus' that will bring me around in a hub. I ALMOST have all the bugs worked out except 2.
First of all is my main problem. I'm telling it to do this:
script 2 (void)

{
if (transport)
{
SetPlayerProperty (0, 1, 0);
Floor_RaiseToHighest (2, 16);
delay (200);
SetPlayerProperty (0, 0, 0);
Teleport_NewMap (2,0);
}
else
delay (2);
{
}
}

It does everything except "Teleport_NewMap (2,0);". I don't have a clue why it doesn't work.
Second is that when you walk onto the inviso platform that will take you up (or down) and the script is activated, it doesn't feeze you in your tracks, so it is easy to ruin the effect of going up and down this warp tube by overshooting the hole. and being frozen in the wrong place. So, is it possible to make the script trigger the edges of the warp tube to become impassable right when you activate this script?

The problem is that it never teleports to map 2 position 0, or for that matter map 1 position 1. Its very strange. I also tried setting up a wall with the Teleport_NewMap (2, 0) action and it works. So for some reason, it doesn't work in the script.

Have you mark this Attributes option of the Start Sprites ?

Attributes
- Level 1/2
- Level 3
- Level 4/5
- Fighter
- Cleric
- Mage
- Single
- Cooperative
- Deathmatch

Good point, but I can warp with it being a button I push causing the action, just not a script causing the action.

I think having suction tubes would be cool. You could have a switch inside each end of the tube trigger a ThrustThing command to thrust you up, and then set some wind to push you over to the other side, then drop down the other side, and the wind stops. (Feel free to use this idea, give me credit if you want to be cool.)

Man, I get the coolest ideas! : ) (I think...)

The problem is that it never teleports to map 2 position 0, or for that matter map 1 position 1. Its very strange. I also tried setting up a wall with the Teleport_NewMap (2, 0) action and it works. So for some reason, it doesn't work in the script.

Map 2, position 0 would be the spot you start in when you start a new game on map 2.

I think you'll need to put in an additional set of player starts which have TID 1 in the same general area, and change to Teleport_NewMap(2,1). This is probably just screwy shit with using Teleport_NewMap in a script.

I'd assume the player activates that script, because if the player doesn't the player won't be teleported
Do you have other start points in map 2 that are also 0? Also of note is that you don't give other starting points TIDs, instead change the first argument to the starting point number you desire