Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

Creating new monsters with jdoom.

Hi, Now I have my sprites, sounds, etc to create my new monster, I put it in a wad, but I don't understand correctly how ded work.

Does someone can give me an example please ? :)

But how can I edit lost soul to not let him fly ? Because I replaced lost soul sprites with a non flying monsters and I want to make it stay on the ground.

Ok thanks :)

By the way I just read the tutorial on doomsday web site how to create a barrel monster. At the end of the tutorial to add the new monster with doom builder they said:

After that the Edit Thing dialog will disappear and you'll see that the Thing object has changed to the ? character. This is fine, it just means that DoomBuilder doesn't know what Thing 8000 is.

There is a way to view the picture of the monster instead of the ? so we can easly add it into the map instead remember all things ID ?

There is a way to view the picture of the monster instead of the ? so we can easly add it into the map instead remember all things ID ?

Yes, I believe DoomBuilder allows you to modify it's configs so that the new Thing will appear in DoomBuilder's Thing selection dialog.

However that is beyond the scope of the article really. I'd suggest asking in the DoomBuilder forum here at DoomWorld if you get stuck.