Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jobro

New editing styles?

So it looks to me like I'm stuck back in the older wad styles. What's the new editing styles that has evolved since 1997?

Well, since nowadays, wads which look like 1994 get constantly released, then it means you're both old- AND new- styled.

Dont be concerned with with whatever style might be popular. I dont even know if there is such a thing in the doom community.

I presume this is in response to what some people said in your other thread about light fading. That was just said because pretty much everyone here would know how to do that already.

I didn't expect anything else, and frankly I don't really care too much about their comments. Still I'm kinda curious what new techniques have been invented since my mapping days back in 1997-1998. The most of my techniques I've recovered, but I'm allways intrested in engulfing new techniques. ACS is such a technique that I'm trying to benefit from.

jobro said:
ACS is such a technique that I'm trying to benefit from.

I would differentiate techniques from editing features. Techniques being uses of available features. So you can be talking about techniques with the plain DOOM level format, or even of new techniques using ACS (different ways to use ACS in maps).

Techniques would be the abilities of the authors (comparing authors using the same platforms), while features, the abilities of the engines (comparing different engines).