Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Spadger

Oh crap, an e3m1 remake

Very nice little map. A lot of the feel of the original but ramped up in quality and gameplay for a modern audience. Good fun. I'd love to see what the E3M9 version of this map would be like. I love the original E3M1/E3M9 combination idea.

Da Spadger said:
Its works well in Choco-doom too with the exception of a ceiling that refuses to rise, you can still access the place right behind it though, so i'll let this one be. (You don't even need to access that area to complete the map, heh.)

This kind of puts me off (from trying it, though I might anyway eventually). Is it hard to fix?

myk said:

This kind of puts me off (from trying it, though I might anyway eventually). Is it hard to fix?

A floor special and a ceiling special are activated almost simultaneously on sector 37, by linedefs 305 and 292. As you know having two simultaneous thinkers running on the same sector is a Boomism.

However in this case, it doesn't matter too much. Whether by design or accident, the floor special is first in the order that you cross the lines, so you can still get through the 64 unit tall gap that opens up in front of you. It just looks a bit odd. It might be fixable using splitdoor's method. Alternatively simply partition the sector into bars, making some lower and others rise like in Doom2 map11.

Anyway Spadger you've made a lot of progress. I'm impressed :)

daimonreloaded said:

download link doesn't work, man

They both work, make sure that you click "download" on the page that pops up.

Great map, far better than the boring original one, if only Id had you as an employee for making doom maps back then.

It runs well on choco doom aswell, which is great.
Can we see a complete e3 replacement in the future? ;)

This one was really nice. :) Hopefully we will see the complete e3 remix in the future. I especially liked the beginning of the map, it looked far more sinister than the original, and still keeping the feeling what I had long ago with original hell keep. Keep up the good work!