Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Israel is going to nuke Iran

If it is in the news Isreal isn't going to do it. You never attack an enemy who knows you are going to strike. If anything this is a red herring for Iranian intelligence.

It is interesting how Isreal provides a nice little solution for the concerns of the western powers.

Good.

Although I doubt it. If they were going to, we wouldn't hear "Israel is going to nuke Iran," we'd hear "Israel just fucking nuked Iran!" Wouldn't rule out the possibility though. Somebody's going to get nuked before the century is out.

This would be a stupid idea and if it happened, I'd move into the hills and say "fuck you" to society.

If it does happen, I'm moving to the moon so I can take a piss all over everyone.

^ heh, same trains

This doesn't surprise me at all. Sometimes the Israelis can be just as fanatical as some suicide bombers.

Israel nukes Iran, Iran nukes Israel (the country only) to death, the diaspora reports the nukage to US and we're doomed.

printz said:

Israel nukes Iran, Iran nukes Israel (the country only) to death, the diaspora reports the nukage to US and we're doomed.

Hmm that will make it hard for both sides to claim they don't possess nuclear weapons or that they only want nuclear technology for "peaceful purposes". Not a very smart diplomatic move, if you ask me :-)

Israel have always been prepared to strike first, and to use nuclear weapons, against perceived threats. They used air strikes to destroy Iraq's nuclear program during the 80s, and threatened to nuke Baghdad if Iraq ever launched chemical or biological weapons attacks on Israel. This current development is just a continuation of that policy.

There's a real stench of hypocrisy about a country that broke the non-proliferation treaty to develop nuclear weapons, whilst western allies turned a blind eye, using its illegal capability to curb the nuclear ambitions of another country. But on the other hand, Iran has not been shy in its anti-Israel rhetoric, claiming it needs to be wiped off the map, etc, so you can't really expect Israel to sit back and just let them develop nuclear weapons.

Israel is brutally realist about its foreign policy. Other countries play games with diplomacy, sanctions, the UN security council, and so on, but Israel just takes whatever steps it deems necessary to protect its interests and to cripple potential threats. The collateral damage, morals and other consequences are all secondary to the fundamental principle of protecting the state.

Iran probably sees this as a win-win situation. If it does manage to develop nuclear weapons, it will solidify its position as a regional power and significantly decrease the likelihood of attack by the US. If Israel does strike, unilaterally and with nukes, then it'll have a horrendous effect on their already poor international standing. Iran will lose a few underground facilities, which it'll claim had nothing to do with any nuclear program, and it'll just wait a few years then try again.

Jonathan said:

Israel is brutally realist about its foreign policy. Other countries play games with diplomacy, sanctions, the UN security council, and so on, but Israel just takes whatever steps it deems necessary to protect its interests and to cripple potential threats.

I wish the U.S. would get with that kind of attitude. Before you say 'Oh but we invaded Iraq, oh the horror!' you realize we dicked around with all the diplomatic shit for quite a while before taking action. I truly believe we would've found WMDs if we hadn't of. I'm not saying diplomacy is bad, but if you want to get anything done, [well thought out] action comes first, then diplomacy for peace and order. Why do we have to wait to get hit first?

Anyway, I've seen footage of Iran's president at political rallies crying for the annihilation of not only America, but anybody they deem as infidels; it's pretty similar to the rallies Hitler made. So, go Israel!

Johnatone said:

I'm not saying diplomacy is bad, but if you want to get anything done, [well thought out] action comes first, then diplomacy for peace and order. Why do we have to wait to get hit first?

Oh yeah, let's invade a country out of the blue then have them beg for mercy after we bomb them to Hell. Because that will make us look good.

Danarchy said:

Oh yeah, let's invade a country out of the blue then have them beg for mercy after we bomb them to Hell. Because that will make us look good.

If you took that to mean it that way, well...no well. Random violence makes as much sense as diplomacy before action. I'm saying perceived or known threats, not 'Hey let's take over France because they're a bunch of pushovers even though they haven't done anything to us.'

Johnatone said:
Anyway, I've seen footage of Iran's president at political rallies crying for the annihilation of not only America, but anybody they deem as infidels; it's pretty similar to the rallies Hitler made.

The oh so learned Johnatone knows Persian and is here to tell us what Ahmadinejad said.

Why do we have to wait to get hit first?

It wouldn't be first, because you've already hit Iran multiple times during the last century by either financing war against it while providing faulty intelligence so the war would be prolonged and complicated, and then only after meddling with Iran's politics and crippling its sovereign government through a military coup, that naturally lead to a more aggressive nation resentful of actual and cumulative damage done by the US and Britain.

It's probably worth pointing out here that once you remove 1% of the population from these countries: the polititians and other campaigners you'll find a whole load of people who don't know what the fuss is about and just want to send their kids to school and have a job so they can feed their families... like most of the people on the planet i suspect. Isrealis and palestinians generally get along fine and probably (though this is a large leap on my part) wouldnt mind so much if the whole thing was an open democratic isrealistine.

The same holds for the ordinary folk of Iran, Hitler didn't suddenly convert the peoples of Germania into a seething roaring shouting mass of jew haters and would be conquerors, he was just a nutter who managed to manouver himself and his mates into a position to press the red buttons.

The People of Iran send their kids to school, go to work, eat pizza (well, falafels or something) drink coca cola and shout their team along in the world cup. though a good friend did tell me that buying an Iranian football kit in Tehran was quite difficult as all the sports shops were full of Manchester United kit.

Someone should just lump all the dictators and a selection of the other presidents and prime ministers of this world into a footy stadium and lock the gates, throw in some weapons and telivise the lot, now that would be a deathmatch to see.

This just fits piece to piece in a gigantic puzzle that we haven't even seen the complete picture of. I'm a raelian (rael.org), so this fits quite well into my beliefs. Let me put it up here in its short form:

* 1973: A frenchman Claud Vorlihone (I think it's his name) got a message from what he claims to be an human from another planet. He got a mission to spread the trueth to the human population about our origins. This can be read in their books. In this message they asked for permission to build an embassy in Israel. The country Israel was founded just to complete this task. If Israel refused to grant these diplomatic rights then Israel would be destroyed.

* 1975: He got another message that told further that Israel will have a very short time to decide to accept this offer from them. If they didn't accept this offer then the country would be wasted and the israeli people would be scattered all around the earth.

Now then.

*1988: Iran started it's top secret nuclear program.

*1990: Raelians are contacting the head rabbi in Jerusalem to take up the discussions about the embassy.

*1993: Peace between Israel and Palestine to remind them of the 20 year aniversery of the message Rael got.

*1997: Rael puts out a document of all their achievements during the last 25 years.

*2003-5: Irans nuclear program is revealed.

I'm quite an inteligent person, but I've added the pieces together that these leads give: And the countdown has begun for Israel. I've forseen this move by them over a year ago. Best attack isn't allways counterattack. We'll most likely see a nuclear war in 2 - 8 years time.

jobro said:

* 1973: A frenchman Claud Vorlihone (I think it's his name) got a message from what he claims to be an human from another planet. He got a mission to spread the trueth to the human population about our origins. This can be read in their books. In this message they asked for permission to build an embassy in Israel. The country Israel was founded just to complete this task. If Israel refused to grant these diplomatic rights then Israel would be destroyed.

And you believe this ... why?

Johnatone said:

I truly believe we would've found WMDs if we hadn't of.

Who are you, Rick Santorum? It's been pretty well determined that Iraq hasn't had shit in 15 year, ever since back when the US was supplying them against Iran.

jobro said:

If they didn't accept this offer then the country would be wasted and the israeli people would be scattered all around the earth.

not again :(

also, arent the Raelians the Clone-Aid people who claimed to have cloned someone but.. lied? At risk of inciting anger, it sounds like a Scientology ripoff to me :P

seriously, I think most people here know I'm pro-Israel, but I really do not like the idea of getting into nuclear war. like most sane people.

Johnatone said:

I wish the U.S. would get with that kind of attitude.

Problem with that attitude is they go ahead and do it when they believe it is right to do so - and not necessarily when it is right to do so.

Enjay said:
Problem with that attitude is they go ahead and do it when they believe it is right to do so - and not necessarily when it is right to do so.

Also, the US isn't Israel (immersed directly in the tense Middle East), and their contexts are very different (albeit interwined). It would simply be impossible and pointless for the US to become all out aggressive and not ruin its power, which relies to a large degree in making alliances, and not using its military might except lightly or intermittently. Without so much diplomacy it'd probably be a group of fragmented states and not 50 united ones aligned with various other countries.

Israel isn't going to "nuke" Iran.

EDIT: If they do, I owe someone a Coke.

fraggle said:

And you believe this ... why?

I'm sceptical as everyone should be in this suspicious world we live in, but I believe in how they interpreted the bible and other religious books translating the old poetic words into a language that we can understand. A text that explains everything scientific.

jobro said:
I'm quite an inteligent person, but

The "but" seems fitting.

In any case, intelligence can be severly misused (perhaps that's what they call insanity).

That reminds me of this one time this Muslim tried to convert me by telling me the Koran predicted all science years ahead of everyone else. All this over ICQ, too.

jobro said:

I'm sceptical as everyone should be in this suspicious world we live in, but I believe in how they interpreted the bible and other religious books translating the old poetic words into a language that we can understand. A text that explains everything scientific.

That doesn't explain why you should believe extra-terrestrials visited a french racing car driver and took him to their planet.