Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exp(x)

Favorite wine?

Actually, my town has a famous winery, Widmer's Winery, owned by Constellation brands. They make some good stuff. They have the #1 selling Kosher Wine in the world, AFAIK. That's what I was told on the tour, 5 years ago.

My favorite wine has always been the wine my church gives us for Holy Communion. It tastes magnificent, and it's potent as hell. I think I'm going to take several bottles at some point.

A friend of mine had a family winery, and always got bottles of this stuff I liked, but he moved away, and I don't drink that stuff anymore.

Riesling, specifically the Columbia Vineyards Cellar Master's brand. That's the stuff I was talking about in the other thread.

A bottle of Chardonnay Bourgogne, sitting in the shade, while it is about 24 degrees celcius outside. A nice slow village, a not to busy square, some friends walking by, moving along after a short chat. Some olives, some nice cheese and a good newspaper. No work, no obligations. Slowly dozing off...

EDIT: Make that two bottles Chardonnay Bourgogne.

I've been very impressed by some of the Gewürztraminers from Central Otago. I'd find it hard to pick an individual favourite from them.

From what I've found as with liquor, the more you pay, the better you get. I still haven't paid more than 50 American for a bottle of wine, and quite frankly, it doesn't matter what it is as long as it's good.

Just no chardonnays.

And as for champagne, same principle.

alexz721 said:
and it's potent as hell.

It better be, or else it won't be able to keep the demons at bay!

I prefer reds, like merlots and cabernet sauvignons. I was stuck on some of the california brands, but I've been drinking aussies lately. I personally cant afford the good expensive stuff, so I've been drinking black opal and black swan. not bad for the price.

alexz721 said:

My favorite wine has always been the wine my church gives us for Holy Communion. It tastes magnificent, and it's potent as hell. I think I'm going to take several bottles at some point.

Buy some Manischewitz blackberry wine. It's the exact same stuff; I have some in my fridge.

Communion Wine is potent? No wonder the Catholics always end up rolling around in the aisles.

Homemade red wine. Next to no preservatives, great taste, and high booze content.

Anything sold by LIDL, especially Italian wines, good, cheap, and excellent value for money. Red wine = good. White wine = synthetic sulphur-laden alcohol :-D