Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ragnew

UV Maxdemo for The Spire 2

Haven't recorded in a VERY LONG (or played) time so I decided to sit down and take a whack at this level. I'm not sure if it's been done yet or not, if so, sorry for doing it again... :)

The demo itself is over an hour long (68 minutes to be exact), and it was recorded with Zdoom 2.1.7

I tried to get 100% all, but for some reason the hidden megasphere near the levels end didn't want to register, so secrets total 93%.

Anywho, I sent the demo off to Ops, and hopefully it'll be to your likings.

Wow cool, is that a pure coincidence or did you see the recent discussion? :) Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Hi guys, long time no chat. Hehe, yeps, I did see the discussion in the Wads and Mods section of the forums, and I must say that did spark the interest... :)

Hope you guys will like the demo, I'm thinking about trying it again, to get a faster time, but I'm not so sure right now.

Cool! Thanks Richie! I will likely love this one. I really enjoyed Anima's spire run and I am sure this will be excellent as well.

Edit:typo

Hopefully not to many people watched the 68 minute one.. :) I sat down and re-recorded it and am a little happier with this demo, it's 53:29 on this run, and the demo itself is probably alot funner to watch.

Sent it off to Ops.

ragnew said:

Hopefully not to many people watched the 68 minute one.. :)

Well, I tried to watch but fell asleep after 20 minutes. Of course, the demo was pretty good and interesting to watch, just I was tired and it was 3 a.m. :) Btw, I found the caco swarm quite tricky to fight, as I couldn't get under them in PrBoom :)

Also, I managed to completely miss the switch lowering the bars to the yellow card area, and thus I never visited that area and places behind yellow card doors. I noticed that behing the first yellow door there was a backpack. And I was about to blame this map for not giving the backpack earlier :) Only found it in a secret later.

After the final battle I wanted to return and explore the whole level again since the stats hud said there >100 monsters still alive, but the door was shut and I couldn't find the way.

Will try to watch the new demo earlier and not being in bed :) Also, I wish Zdoom had a way to pause the playback. Well, at least I can pause it with Ctrl+Alt+Del, but I think this won't work for XP users.

An Epic battle! Not sure how many times I said OMG or WOW or something similar during that run. But it was well worth the time. The caco swarm and the final battle were certainly notable. Altho' they weren't the only notable parts. I will certainly look forward to the next one as well. Thanks.

Richie, that last megasphere you get before heading into the final area...I should tell you that's not a secret. I think I know which one you missed though...an invul secret. There's an open spot you can drop down into right behind where you use the YSK that has it. It'd help with taking out those two cybies after grabbing the RSK.

You might have already picked up on this and figured that out, but I thought I'd tell ya. Regardless, this was a great run to watch :)! Can't wait to see the new run.

Anima Zero said:

I think I know which one you missed though...an invul secret. There's an open spot you can drop down into right behind where you use the YSK that has it. It'd help with taking out those two cybies after grabbing the RSK.

Yep, I found this secret by purely accidentally falling in there ;)

Anima Zero said:

Richie, that last megasphere you get before heading into the final area...I should tell you that's not a secret. I think I know which one you missed though...an invul secret. There's an open spot you can drop down into right behind where you use the YSK that has it. It'd help with taking out those two cybies after grabbing the RSK.

You might have already picked up on this and figured that out, but I thought I'd tell ya. Regardless, this was a great run to watch :)! Can't wait to see the new run.

Ah, hot damn! Hehe, thanks for the info AZ. I'll be doing another run, and this time I'll grab that one I missed. Thanks for all the comments guys, I'll sit down and re-record again, or if anyone else would like to, have at it.

To avoid missing a damn secret in the future, I'd recommend using scrtfind.exe or Doombuilder's useful search feature :)

Most definitely... :) Also Donce, have you thought about using Zdoom for this map? It makes those caco hordes alot easier then they'd be in Prboom. Having the ability to go under them makes a world of difference, just thought I'd shoot that your way.

Good point ;) But you see, I don't like Zdoom's mouse control, and uhm, don't know how to describe it, the rendering(?) It just doesn't feel right to me. Most people don't seem to see any problems here, and I also don't - when watching a demo, but for playing I use something very close to vanilla, and this happens to be Boom or vanilla itself. Actually, I'd refuse to record with anything but these two.

That said, I do play Zdoom-only maps with Zdoom, and I look forward for your next run :-)