Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DJShrimpy

Have you ever tried remaking Hissy, or any other monsters?

I made the doom guy on paper. I drew him entering the UAC compound (E1M1). I was dumb, and instead of putting UAC on his helmet (and just about anything else) I put "Centari Life". I don't have any idea where I got that from... at all. And on the door I wrote "Koven ab Arfenjia" (or something like that) which doesn't mean anything at all I just made it up. I wish I still had that paper I drew it on.

kristus said:

Chrozoron, who made Hissy...

Johnatone said:

You can make a new Hissy, but it isn't the Hissy.

The thread title refers to remaking.

I used to draw pictures of Doomguy all the time when I was in elementary and middle school. Lol in elementary school me and my friends were obsessed with Doom, and we were going to make our own video game. We had monster sketches, storylines, weapon and character sketches, map sketches and we did a lot in school too, since our 4th grade teacher didn't give a shit. Lo and behold when I was in 4th grade Columbine happened and you can only imagine how it would go over if we kept doing what we were doing in school (even before Columbine we were actually nervous of teachers seeing our stuff, and we were frickin 4th graders who just wanted to make a videogame, not crazy people who wanted to kill things). Anyway yeah, my mom also took Doom away that year, and it wasn't until later I got it back and then I discovered Doom editing in 7th grade and me and my friends nearly started the videogame idea again, except through a Doom mod. Which of course fell through :P

Anyway yeah, maybe I'll scan some of my Doom pictures. Actually I want to scan all my doodles and sketches from school and home just for kicks sometimes. I still have all the video game plans as well, I believe. Lol nostalgia :P

A friend once drew a catgirl running through a meadow with a fluffy winged thing with an angel halo flying down at her. I drew the same pic but it was of the doom guy running through an acid-filled corridor with a lost soul swooping in to attack. Also in a rejected issue of my Felney comic a guy falls asleep and imagines himself in doom, when a dying imp says "aww cute!" and he is woken up by his girlfriend. And then there was the "Sunita Shankar in Doom" issue of my Scum Slaughter comic, where she runs out of plasma ammo so shoots a cyberdemon with the pistol, but that's the one last point of damage it needs to die and it's head explodes

Oddly enough, this thread has inspired me to make a plush Mancubus. It's not going very well though.

Grazza said:

The thread title refers to remaking.

Oh Grazza, you're ants at a picnic. **

Johnatone said:

Oddly enough, this thread has inspired me to make a plush Mancubus. It's not going very well though.

Oh come on, post up a pic. :D

DJShrimpy said:

Oh come on, post up a pic. :D

This is as far as I've got.
I don't start work again for another two weeks, so it'll be about a month before I can even begin getting materials. I don't know how well I'll do, but as soon as I get it done, I'll be sure to post.

The felt cacodemon is pretty cute. I made some felt fingerpuppets (non-Doom) in that kind of style when I was a wee lad. Are the horns Styrofoam?

The clay figure is pretty basic--it looks more like a painted Styrofoam ball to me than clay.

As to making Doom monsters, I've made a number of them over the years, all of which can be seen on my ID Software fan art page:

http://www.geocities.com/kramwartap/id_art.html

I made a hissy out of tissues and stuffed it with cotton balls, but it looks more like a regular cacodemon.

Pics:

I used my doom collector's edition box for the backround.