Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mac53

Doom2-Zdoom Conversion Question

madnessJack said:

I aint defending him im defending what hes doin there aint nothin wrong it its not like hes gonna fuck up his MBR or iwad by doin this is it? And tbh i dont care if hes retarded or not i do care for gimps havin ago at retards thou, not very nice.

and if you can translate that to relative english you need commending oh yeah and Vegeta fails it (sorry mate heh).

but yer zdoom is a fair bit more flexible and less prone to mbr fuck ups etc etc or iwad hakkings than ure average vanilla doom which is why ure free to do what you like.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. JEEEEEEEZ.

This thread will make us all go even more lol when mac53 releases his "masterpiece" which will be all 32 Doom 2 levels converted in ZDoom/Hexen format :-D

idgames archive mantainer: "REJECTED!"

Ph34r, mac53 is the new Doom Rampage!

dmgraph i think it was called, everytime you'd do somthing with it it would write to the iwad in a hacky fasion and fuck up the fat whilst doing it. however that was back in '96 or somthing, these days its harder to do. point being it's gonna be hard for someone to fuck up the iwad with a simple tool like zdwadconv.exe

madnessJack said:

dmgraph i think it was called, everytime you'd do somthing with it it would write to the iwad in a hacky fasion and fuck up the fat whilst doing it. however that was back in '96 or somthing, these days its harder to do. point being it's gonna be hard for someone to fuck up the iwad with a simple tool like zdwadconv.exe

No, that's not how DMGRAPH or DMAUD or any other tool similar tool which wrote ONLY to user-defined WAD files worked. If you wanted to add a graphic entry to a specific PWAD, it would do just that. If you wanted it to write directly to your IWAD, it would do that too with no further questions. It DID NOT write spuriously to your IWADS and it was up to YOU to decide if you wanted to fuck up your IWADs or not, exactly like zdwadconv.exe can do, if misused. And NO, it DIDN'T fsck up the FAT unless you used it on a disk which was already broken to begin with, but that would happen sooner or later with ANY program.

madnessJack said:

Good god what the hell is wrong with you people?
(oh year you're all playing a game thats almost dead and your all looking for someone to vent out at)

Screw you, I still play PONG.

madnessJack said:

get a life

*After Meas is done porking softly with several hot babes, he bothers replying to madnessJack*

Maes said:

No, you go get a life, or an internet ninja with Real Ultimate Power will chop your head off and won't even think twice about it.

*Maes goes back to porking softly with hot babes and doing more "lifeworthy" things*

madnessJack said:

omg are you talking about yourself in the third person?

*bashes madnessJack with a rolled newspaper for his being so un1337 and JeffK/B1FF-like*

Baka -_-

OK then, if you're so cool and everybody else is so nerdy and need to get a life, why do you waste your precious time posting on a forum about Doom, instead of going out and gettin' sum?

Oh wait...so it's an HONOUR you're doing us, lowly nerds, by using your precious, invaluable time (better used for imposing your masculinity and virile dominance on submissive females and marking your territory to assert your Alpha manliness to other Males) for posting here...yeah, that must be it. Must we say "thank you" then ?

listen whoever you are, calm it its just fuckinig hilarious mate thats all. and as for 'goin out and gettin sum' mate dont worry for me im contempt wit life jus walk away and leave it mate.

chilvence said:

shutup. please. all of you.

i agree. stfu and listen to some reo.

OK, let's cool down and leave it then.

I think we're all a bit anxious to see mac53's masterpiece, that's why we all keep posting and are a bit jumpy :-p

BTW, mac53 is the only one NOT actively posting here, and he hasn't confirmed or specified what his project is.

He only mentioned something about "working on a WAD for 4 months" and the only hint is that it's going to be based "on original id levels used for reference, but in ZDoom/Hexen format" but let's wait and see....

In the worse case it will be just a rehash of the original Doom 2 iD levels which will go straight in the REJECTED folder of idgames and will spawn even more flaming and controversy.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Already we have a pick for stupid thread of the year? And its only January?

Let's see:

* Moronic defending
* Using "Get a life" as an argument
* Linking to Myspace
* Main arguer's inability to spell for shit
* Someone thinking Doom messes up something it can't

Yep. Definitely a candidate

*WARNING*

*THIS TOPIC WILL CAUSE MULTIPLE BRAIN TUMORS AND START A TUMOR MOSH-PIT IN YOUR HEAD*

*READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION*

tumor humor?

seriously though, WHY? and "get a life" isn't an argument it's a statement, 'kerduurh!.

c'mon peeps one more time, if you are reading this thread, the following is apparent. get a life.

madnessJack said:

seriously though, WHY? and "get a life" isn't an argument it's a statement, 'kerduurh!.

Well, "get a life" basically fails it because of the context. Say it to the school nerd/wimp after you sank his face in the field's mud in a virile and dominant game of football: it works wonders.

POST it on an INTERNET FORUM, about DOOM, after showing that you play/map DOOM yourself: it looks ridiculous :-D

Yeah yeah one can always say "But no, my usual pastime is to sink nerd/wimp faces in mud in football games, dominate all females in my school with my virile scent and I casually passed by this forum and threw in my 2 cents" but it's bit too late for that :-D

There's ofc a dude in some other forum I used to post, that had one of the highest postcounts and posted everyday, yet he claimed that "didn't really care about posting and forums" and that he "preferred partying everyday with girls" and that he wasn't like "those n00bs with no life on the forums". We could all pretend being him, I suppose? :-p

Don't you see Mac53 also known as "whatever", is making a "DOOM Z: Hell on Zdoom"! I allways wanted to see one, can't wait to see the city levels. This has a lot of potential!

Now seriously Jack, if you still can't get out of this particulary stupid flame war, and can't take it with a bit of humor..

madnessJack said:

get a life

Perhaps if you fall into acid you'll start laughting more, as the mad Jack Napier when turned into the Joker (heh).