Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
palko

Final Doom : TNT map06 origin

Hi,

I have strong feeling, that I had played map06 of TNT Evilution long before Final Doom release. It was in about 1995, when I have got lot of wads (like serenity.wad, eternity.wad, wadpakx.wad and so). This map was either standalone or in any wadpack. Do abybody remember this wad?

Thanks

According to Ty Halderman's notes, the level seems to have been made mostly (75%) by Jimmy Sieben, and less so by Ty Halderman himself (25%). There are some DM levels by Jimmy in the archive, but I don't see any single player ones.

Are you sure it was the same level? Because the TNT levels that were submitted before Final Doom's release had some alteration done to them, and according to the doom wiki, it was 8 maps. My guess is either you played that map before it was put into TNT (If that's possible) or you played one that was very similar.

But in either case I'm sorry to say I do not know of the wad you are looking for.

So... it was partialy the same level. From start, I didn't recognize anything, but as I got to the ledge with blue key and red switch behind it, I got so strong deja vu, that at least this part of level I had played before.

Well it could be possible that the TNT designers used that part of the level in one of their maps, but im only guessing. I'll run this level and examine the area and see if it looks familiar at all.

palko said:

So... it was partialy the same level. From start, I didn't recognize anything, but as I got to the ledge with blue key and red switch behind it, I got so strong deja vu, that at least this part of level I had played before.

Well, with the number of Doom maps made, it's possible you found enough similarities to give the impression you played the map before.