Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

New Ghostbusters Game?

The close-up of the Bill Murray model is so horrendously bad that I'm inclined to believe the entire thing is a hoax. The rest of the stuff doesn't look very authentic either.

david_a said:

The close-up of the Bill Murray model is so horrendously bad that I'm inclined to believe the entire thing is a hoax. The rest of the stuff doesn't look very authentic either.

I'm pretty sure that stuff wasn't meant to be leaked to the public, hence the unpolished visuals. Seriously, I hope and pray desperately that this thing gets the green light... Ghostbusters + FPS could be the coolest thing ever (as demonstrated by Ghostbusters Doom).

Seems like Gears of Wars with Ghostbusters slapped on top to me...but that's just me.

I agree with Bashe, the camera during running is similar to gears of war, just that its ghostbusters.

Not really impressed by the videos.

I think this has the potential to be great.
A good amount of tweaking is required (for one, I don't think the gritty style is necessary), but it's obviously nowhere near final spec anyway. Who else thinks that these videos were "fake leaked" to try and get an early opinion?

If they don't consult me, this will be fucking terrible. That said, if there IS a new Ghostbusters game I will be forced to play it no matter what. Unfortunately it will be terrible since gaming companies suck at producing quality work of existing IP.

Incidently, what is this shit? A Dodge Magnum as the Ecto 1? Fucking barf. MillerMetor Ambulance or GTFO.

Man, I love Ghostbusters. I love Ghostbusters this much. That said, I hope this doesn't suck. Having said that, I hope they don't make a Ghostbusters 3; that would be to the Ghostbusters series what Alien 3 and on was to the Alien series unless they did it right which, almost twenty years later I doubt.

Hey, Scuba, did you ever finish the Ghostbusters TC? Last time I downloaded it, the levels past the Stay Puft level were unfinished.

Johnatone said:

Hey, Scuba, did you ever finish the Ghostbusters TC? Last time I downloaded it, the levels past the Stay Puft level were unfinished.

No :P I learned so much about modding during my tenure as creator of that mod, that by the time I was proficient, the wad was awful and would have required too much time to repair. I was working to hard to make "Teh 32 level doom TC" and not just a fun experience. Now, I'd use ZDoom to make a PKE meter that actually detects monsters, a Proton Pack that stuns monsters and can overheat, and you have to use traps to catch them. They wouldn't be "omg new weapon found" it would just be stuff you use. Maybe you drive around using a better ZDoom driving script, catch ghosts for money and use that money to build blueprints of weapons in your basement... better traps, better PKE Meter, slime blower. Oh and it would be CO-Op only, since ghosts could only be trapped by using 2 people to operate the proton pack and trap (I could use alt fire to throw traps I suppose, but co-op is more fun). The whole time you spend making money, the City PKE energy is rising, once it's at its highest, you have to confront Gozer.

Hot Damn, that would kick ass!

Scuba Steve said:

OMG GB Dewm

Do it!

Coopersville said:

It'd be the first creative thing put out for the Wii. Nintendo must be stoked :)

What.

It's still early in development, so things may change, and looks will be better. Anyways, reminds me alot of gears of war. That is VERY good.

EarthQuake said:

Uhh, am I the only one who doesn't think this looks that bad so far?

Nope, I thought it looked pretty damn interesting. The fully interactive buildings and destruction and such, good stuff. ABC 7 with venkman I thought looked great, and the whole twist of "same characters, same concept, different decade" works well. If it wasn't the original 4 then there would be serious issues.

Scuba Steve said:

Lots of Ghostbusters Doom stuff, then...

Hot Damn, that would kick ass!

Yes!

Where's my Ghostbusters 3? I've been waiting nearly 20 years! I don't care if Bill Murray's character dies at the beginning (which he said is the only condition that he'd ever be in it).