Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pilottobombadier

Lock and Load isn't dead. I swear.

Uses EDGE... not going to even bother downloading it.

Edit: because I can't get edge to run properly on my computer. I run it, and my screen tears... but in a 2d way it's hard to explain.

Flaming a project for what port it uses is stupid. If you don't like the port, then don't comment.

Antidote said:

I'm not going to flame you for your utterly idiotic post, but I will say if everyone has the same attitude as you, there would be a lot less quality maps.

DooMAD said:

Bandwidth exceeded. Geoshitties sucks, heh.

Yeah, about 6 people an hour can download it, but you can have ti eventually ;) I'll upload it to idgames tomorrow night. I can't stay up until midnight to do it although, iirc, it takes a week to show up there anyway.

Neways bandwidth exceeded. I suggest moving to freewebs or something that allows a maximum bandwith of more than 2 users a month.

Antidote said:

THANKS FOR LETTING THE WHOLE FORUM KNOW HOW LAZY, APATHETIC AND OPINIONATED YOU ARE, WELL DONE!

Read it now. I have a legitimate reason, it's not because I don't like the engine, I've never been able to use so I can't not like it (think of it as not a double-negative). Sorry for not elaborating. I didn't mean it in such a way to bring down the port/project, although my tone suggested it. I hope this clears things up.

It's pretty easy. You download EDGE 1.28a. You then download the OpenAL libraries. Unless your computer doesn't have an OpenGL-compliant videocard or it's an antequated POS, you shouldn't have any problems.

And of course, it's all command prompt stuff.

Antidote said:

Edit: because I can't get edge to run properly on my computer. I run it, and my screen tears... but in a 2d way it's hard to explain.

Regardless, why would you even post this? Thanks for shitting up the thread :)

Was this the thing that had 8 million guns that where all the same and the game crashed if you looked at the Cyberdemon (which was replaced by a soldier)?

Oh well, will make a useful source to rip graphics from, i'll await it's appearance in the archive...

deathbringer said:

Was this the thing that had 8 million guns that where all the same and the game crashed if you looked at the Cyberdemon (which was replaced by a soldier)?

Oh well, will make a useful source to rip graphics from, i'll await it's appearance in the archive...

The first one was, yes. The last three have been pretty stable. Give it a play, you might like it.

Anyway, aside from telling me how shitty it is because it lacks ejected casings and all that jazz (it's also buggy with 1.29, but that's life), tell me what I can do to balance it.

So far, since sending that upload I have:

-changed out the chaingunner's drop from the minigun to the assault rifle clip.

-fixed the death animation for the imp's minigun death (I had a problem with those frames before when I was messing with dehacked about 3 or 4 years back, too...)

I'll add the frills when I get the tacks sorted. Until then, the hell with casings, gunsmoke and spent mags :P