Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathx88

Phocas Island 2... help i'm stuck

i've been playing this game for a while now, but i want to get the good ending but i can't find a couple of things and the hints list doesn't really help

anyway, if anyone can help me, im trying to find the damn rock to throw in the pond. i'm guessing you use the pick ax to get the rock, but what level is it in, the hints say some cave but there are alot of caves in the game

and i can only find one serpent horn, can anyone tell me were to find the other one

The other serpent horn is located on the beach in GLoam (both horns are actually), kill the guys there and one will drop a horn.

The Rock is located in the same map as the lake. You need to have the fully assembled pickaxe to get the stone. It is in a cave in the center of the map, Heights. It's kind of off to the left coming into the cave.

I'm curious, did anyone else stumble upon the man eating tree? Chopinska (however you spell that damn thing), what is that thing all about? Just another fun thing to find?

Not sure... I remember finding the pickle with legs in Gloam and some weird thing high up in Retreat... don't even know what the hell it was, but when it died, some weird flying snake came out and started shooting me.

Ha, ha! =D But one shot isn't enough and he freezes you in short time: you really haven't got time to shoot! =P

Man, I got stuck because I couldn't find the GODDAMNED BLUE CYLINDER! I didn't even know that lever in Bosk did anything after I hit it, but after I finally found out I smacked myself over and over :P

Scuba Steve said:

The other serpent horn is located on the beach in GLoam (both horns are actually), kill the guys there and one will drop a horn.

ok thanks, i found the last guy just chillin behind some rocks, he was hard to find

Scuba Steve said:

I'm curious, did anyone else stumble upon the man eating tree? Chopinska (however you spell that damn thing), what is that thing all about? Just another fun thing to find?

I was wondering if anyone came across that. It was something left over from early in the projects life (even before it was phocas island 2). I thought about posting a list of the hidden things I put in, but didn't think anyone would care.

Ismaele said:

I couldn't find those things too! =P BTW how do you kill the "freezer"?! :P It's too fast! =|

For the most part, all there is to the bosses is to keep moving. I had trouble with balancing the difficulty of the boss fights. Some days I would find them too easy, other days I'd find them difficult. Also keep in mind that there is a big difference in bosses especially on different skill levels (1 and 2 are the same, with 3 being more difficult).

I played 2nd skill level and, although keeping moving, I still find boss battles too hard! =| The "freezer" shots "snowballs" too fast and freezes me soon: avoiding his shots is extremely hard! :|

Edit: I couldn't find the green cylinder! Where is it? And where do I use those cylinders?!

chopkinsca said:

I thought about posting a list of the hidden things I put in, but didn't think anyone would care.

Oh my god, yes! Please post a list of all the secrets/easter eggs.

There were only two things I wanted to know about.

1) In retreat, there's an entrace in a dirt wall that you cannot reach. Is it there for any reason?

2) High up on one of the rock faces (not too far from the candle shrine) in retreat, there's also an entrance. Same question as above.

Kirby said:

1) In retreat, there's an entrace in a dirt wall that you cannot reach. Is it there for any reason?

thats an easter egg or something
its a white wall that says "fuck you!?!?!?!" or something like that
you'll have to walk thru walls to get there

Well I guess I shuold've just checked for myself. They're both apparently random easter eggs hidden there just like that random pickle with legs o_O

In the giant field... look at the map. Along the north eastern "wall" near the shotgun is a square on the automap. Where the square is, there is a but a single tree... use it.

I found the two horns and used them on the statue: it became alive and I killed it. But what happens then?! What should I do now?

Kirby said:

2) High up on one of the rock faces (not too far from the candle shrine) in retreat, there's also an entrance. Same question as above.

The cave for number 1 is only reached by cheating. The second one you can jump to but is just an easter egg of sorts.

deathx88 said:

thats an easter egg or something
its a white wall that says "fuck you!?!?!?!"

That is the texture I use in areas you shouldn't be able to reach without cheating. The full message is "what the fuck are you doing here?".

Ismaele said:

I found the two horns and used them on the statue: it became alive and I killed it. But what happens then?! What should I do now?

It opens up a way to the next map; Retreat. You probably found the other route since you mentioned fighting the ice guy.

I was playing with a slightly older version of GZDoom and once I made it to the artifact after killing the centaur boss... I couldn't proceed and thought something was bugged. So I figured to start over with the latest GZDoom and have had major problems at the start in regards to getting the stick in the fire, which wasn't a problem before. The damaging radius of the fire pit seemed to be rather large for some reason and I was getting killed way before I could get close enough to get fire.

As for the centaur boss and getting out of the pitt... I had to walk around hitting the use key until something happened. I think a there should be some sort of clue as to where to use the artifact. I thought the dead boss body would be the most likely spot but that didn't seem to be the case at all. Anyhow I'm now in Gloam and looking forward to playing again later on.

Other than those 2 problems I mentioned, I'm really liking this. Excellent atmosphere, interesting areas and lots of exploring. very cool stuff indeed.

I had the same problems as Doom Dude: I couldn't lit the branch with the fire, because it burnt me immediately... :P ...so, at last, I had to cheat with IDBEHOLD+V, lit the branch and then deactivate the cheat. I also had problems with getting out of the pit with the centaur boss in "Beached", but, fortunately enough, I already discovered another path to "Gloam"; so I just IDCLIPped the walls and came back. ;)

P.S.: I am using the latest version of GZdoom.

Ismaele said:

I had the same problems as Doom Dude: I couldn't lit the branch with the fire, because it burnt me immediately... :P ...so, at last, I had to cheat with IDBEHOLD+V,
P.S.: I am using the latest version of GZdoom.

The fires exploding radius seems to be bugged in the latest GZdoom version. I was suprised when testing it today to find out how quickly the fire ate me.

And the real reason for me bumping this is... a list of the few easter egg type things I put in.

-The fist has replaced graphics, but the only place to see it is on the intro map, or if you go to a normal doom2

level.
-There are flowers that you can shoot and a message for if you shoot enough of them.

Beached:
-at the ruins next to the fire, if you jump on the roof, it will collapse at certain points.
-in the cave where you find the death artifact, you can shoot out the candles.

Gloam:
-At the ruined rind of pillars, you can jump up there and then be able to enter a cave. I forget the story behind

what you find in the cave, I was probably drunk when I did that. It includes death animation too.

Retreat:
-In the northeast corner of the map, there is a tree sitting in slightly lowered ground. If you try to use the tree it will

come to life. This tree monster was from before the project was even going to be Phocas 2.
-near the building with the candle alter is a ledge you can get to just to the west. You can see another ledge to

the east again which with a tricky jump, can be reached. Inside is something I drew long ago and at one time

planned to use it in my adventure.wad (doubt anyone remembers that). Killing it will reveal another creation of

mine that was to be used in the now abandoned project.

Hallowed:
-If you try 'using' the chess table, one of the pieces move. Nothing spectacular about this one
-If you keep trying to 'use' the keyhole without the key, you'll eventually get a message. This message relates to

how big the image of the keyhole is.

And I think that's it. There are a few more, but they are mostly random messages in the scripts and such.

-I remember those flowers! They're in Hallowed, you just got to go to the right spot.

I remember the chess set as well. Of course, I thought it actually did something important in the map, so I went running frantically to try and find it :P

On a seperate note, half of those easter eggs sound more like bugs (i.e. the shooting out the candles)