Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jobro

E1M8 music rearranged by me

1. Quality. It is in 192kbps
2. The song is quite long.
3. This is the uncut original version. Simply as that. I haven't cut it down because so much of the melody would get lost.

OK, so it was indeed long (9 minutes) although 128 kbps or even 96 kbps with a decent encoder and a high quality setting would've still done the trick.

Now, was it good? Dunno, this sounded like the typical sound you get out of a .MOD or .S3M file when using untuned instruments. Only the (automated?) accompaniment sounds in the background would be hard to do with a protracker-like program.

The "guitar" sounded more like a bagpipe, and in some critical places it was just playing the wrong notes...anyway, it isn't the kind of thing worth 12 MB of download. If that was a 400 KB .MOD or even a midi, it would have probably sounded the same.

Maes said:
The "guitar" sounded more like a bagpipe,

Heh, yeah, I got that impression too.

I don't like how the melody has been changed. Sounds like a person is trying to play the original, but are too inexperienced and unskilled to get it right.

Well If I had the MIDI file of the melody then I'd most likely had used it. But I don't. At least I tried to get it right.

The MIDIs are here (or you can extract them from your DOOM wad with XWE or something like that, formatting them to MIDI from MUS with one of the MUS to MIDI apps).

jobro said:

The guitar is fake. Nuff said.

Maybe it's just me, but the beauty of E1M8 theme is exactly in its fully overdriven guitar solo, any other sound in its place just ruins it, that's more important than getting the notes right or "almost" right.

Nice work, relaxing music on background and you changed a little the orginal tabs ( more interesting that way ),the guitar was out of tune in some places but i still like it . keep up the good work .