Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Tran

Custom Weapon sprite

When you're doing things 1 pixel at a time there is really no difference between Paint and Photoshop. In fact paint is a lot easier for pixel art in my opinion, photoshop's features just tend to get in the way

The gun itself looks really nice, but I think the angle/perspective is a bit too much from above if you know what I mean.
Keep practising and you'll make great weapon sprites in the future IMO!

I also couldn't agree more with what deathbringer said!

deathbringer said:

When you're doing things 1 pixel at a time there is really no difference between Paint and Photoshop.

What I hate about Paint is that I can't have a 256 color palette on the screen.

Vader: hey, the gun could work well as a grenade thrower.

printz said:

What I hate about Paint is that I can't have a 256 color palette on the screen.

An easy way to solve this problem is to take a picture of Doom's palette when using XWE and then paste it into your image. :)

To be honest... Paint is much worse than any advanced art programs for doing pixel art... hell any art. At the pixel leve, true, it yields the same results... however Paint lacks the variety of shortcuts and tools that make editing that much faster. ADvanced Zooming, shortcuts, better selection tools... the list goes on... Paint is like walking 10 miles to work vs taking a bus... you'll get there... but it's going to take you a hell of a long time. I used to do all my work in paint, but you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming back to that pile to do any real work again. I primarily use PSP6 for pixel art... HOWEVER if Paint is ALL you have, make the best use of the tools at hand.

It looks pretty good so far. It seems a lot more appropriate then the current Doom pistol, because it looks a bit more sci-fi. My only real complaint would be the yellowish barrel, which makes it look kind of like an air-soft gun.

Thanks, I used paint because I was gonna do a little animating in a cut and paste method. I simply had a doom palette on side of the bitmap hehe.

It could work well for a vehicle, just add two of these guns at the botton of the screen (looking both to the center), perhaps some tubes. And then set to be the only weapon available (as the second map in GBD2). Add some floor effects in the map. It'd be a great wad.