Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Antidote

Why is this so different than that?

Just a guess, but since the release of duke3d source ports, hi-res addons have also been developed for the game.

EDIT: Look here for a hi-res pack that ties in with Jonof's excellent duke3d port.

That's nice. It is that, but the only problem is, is that I've tried using that port before all is does it screw up my comp. Also I can't seem to install atomic edition, because I have an un-installed (I don't have the CD) version of Duke3D on my comp. The first computer I bought a long time ago, believe it or not, had Duke3D already installed! So I just moved the folder to each new computer I get. For some reason now, it doesn't register as Duke3D being installed on my computer (probably because it's not in the registry or something) so I can't install atomic edition.

Anyways, thanks for the links, now I know I guess.

It is extremely unlikely that Duke3D checks Win32 registry values, since it is a DOS program.

Yes, now that I think about it, you are right. But my first computer was running Win95 and it already had Duke3D installed... maybe it's not the registry that is in question, perhaps it's something completely different. In any case... I'll see what I can do.

What doesn't register what? There's no point in announcing you have a problem if you are going to be so vague with the details...

I wasn't exactly planning on presenting this problem when I posted this post... it just sort of happened. This has been my problem for many years now, and I don't really want to make a big deal out of it. And I'm not trying to ask anyone for help, I was just mentioning my problem. In fact, I really don't care if I get this solved, as I'd probably not play it again (unfortunately)... so yeah. Sorry for mentioning anything.

Install the port, dump the grp in it's place, can't be harder than getting a Doom port to work.

But you need a fairly big machine as the load time can kill the atmosphere.