Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spase

Doom disturbed me.

when I was young, I remember the 8-bit mono sounds of the cyberdemon scaring the shit outa me!

Now it just startles me when Im walking in a dark corridor and all of a sudden hear that damn things roar. The same goes for the archvile, but times 2...

Mithral_Demon said:

...I played through Shores first, and one thing that scared me there was the Spidermastermind, it's screech just bout made me hide, but then hitting Ep 3, I pretty much hid when I heard the goat legged metal rocket skyscrapr- CyberDemon...

You've got those backwards...

The sound track to Doom2 map 31 scared me a lot. Not to mention the Angel of Death level of Spear of Destiny. Of course I was a lot younger when I played SoD, so that revamped music brought back bad memories.

I wonder when someone will release a "Salad Fingers Doom", that will look at the same time sick, creepy and sad. Now THAT should be pretty sick.

Spase said:

I was around five years old when Doom came out so it has left an indelable mark on my psyche that I am only now starting to reconcile with. ... Does anybody else have similar stories? Or has a thread like this already been made?

Well to tell you the truth, I have been playing Doom since I was in diapers (literally, I was two years old when playing DOOM 2)
I think it made me braver than I would have been, I would pretend I can spawn Doom monsters like the Arch-Vile :P and to me, I've been through hell, mowed down countless demons, and had the Mighty Cyberdemon fall before me, Sure it was a little scary at the time, (when I was two, I barely know what I was doing) but then, after going through all that, A little dark room just doesn't seem to have the effect any more, So I have to admit, Doom was probably the single most influential thing in my Life(aside from GOD and my parents of course :P)., and I really can't imagine what I would do with out it.

BlackShark said:

Well to tell you the truth, I have been playing Doom since I was in diapers (literally, I was two years old when playing DOOM 2)
I think it made me braver than I would have been, I would pretend I can spawn Doom monsters like the Arch-Vile :P and to me, I've been through hell, mowed down countless demons, and had the Mighty Cyberdemon fall before me, Sure it was a little scary at the time, (when I was two, I barely know what I was doing) but then, after going through all that, A little dark room just doesn't seem to have the effect any more, So I have to admit, Doom was probably the single most influential experience in my Life, and I really can't imagine what I would do with out it. (aside from GOD and my parents of course :P).

Does this sound like total bullshit? or is it just me...