Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Wads with Female Protaganists?

Kill was supposed to have one.

You play as Lance Young, a pretty, young female in the marine corps.

Then...

"We're sorry for waking you so early, Major Young, but it's about Seargent Flynn Taggert, your fiancee. As you know, he was called out of leave on an assignment that he was forced to keep quiet about."

In my semi-abandoned (i fiddle with it now and then, tweak the maps or have a muck around in dehacked) Insanity Please wad you played as Terra, from Final Fantasy 6

Also the old Don's Challenge 2 for Zdoom had two sections, in one you where Don, in the other you where Death, who was female. You could use arch-vile attacks at the end, which was cool

Otakon 96 wad has you playing as Priss, from the anime "Bubblegum Crisis"

I was also going to make some wads called "Homonian Special Ops", based on my (also not made) comic Millman, in which you play as a female police officer from Homonia, the gay homeland, in 2062. They would be one-off missions where you have to, say, infiltrate an offshore cosmetic surgery facility (as such detrimental-to-the-race shit is illegal in Homonia) and kill everybody.

Oh yeah, and you play as some little girl in Ebdoom...

Chosen is probably the most prominent Doom mod with a female protagonist. Little White Mouse also released a mod where you play a devil and fight angels... it was a bit dull (given that each level was completely generated within the game, it was repetitive, but creative) and this mod featured a female protagnoist as well. In Doom2Xtreme Gold, you play as a female character as well.

Scuba Steve said:

Little White Mouse also released a mod where you play a devil and fight angels... it was a bit dull (given that each level was completely generated within the game, it was repetitive, but creative) and this mod featured a female protagnoist as well.

Bittersweet?

How come I can't find any of LittleWhiteMouse's wad's on the Archives, Google Search, and Forum Searches (Zdoom.org and this site)? What am I doing wrong?

All I have is Chosen... I hear they're plenty more of them.

Scuba Steve said:

Chosen is probably the most prominent Doom mod with a female protagonist. Little White Mouse also released a mod where you play a devil and fight angels... it was a bit dull (given that each level was completely generated within the game, it was repetitive, but creative) and this mod featured a female protagnoist as well. In Doom2Xtreme Gold, you play as a female character as well.

Actually, you were a devil girl fighting a convent of promiskuous nuns, Nuns with big guns and robots.

I made a wad where you played a young woman and fought zombies. Had a nice shrill scream for when she got hurt and a ton of face graphics I made out of a graphic from some PC-98 game. All that's left of the wad now is her crazy near-death face:

And this:

Never released any of my wads, thankfully.

Hey, there's my baby. . . :P

Yeah, I'm still working on Tattered Ages, haven't STOPPED but some other real life concerns have been getting in the way. . .

However once I get my novel published I'm going to be hitting TA full throttle. (Got everything DONE but I need some graphics and stuff. . . The levels and most of the engine are already in place. Some day I'm gonna update that damn entry too)

Glad to see someone else is interested in female protags. Not enough of them ^.^

ultdoomer said:

Here's some more.

Thanks. I played bitter.wad and now I'm really confused. Are the levels generated like SLIGE does (obviously it's not SLIGE, because the levels don't look SLIGE) or rather, did LWM make each level and then the game randomly picks one from a set of levels? Rather than being generated, persay, they're like 5 or so maps destined for level xx, and the game picks at random, which map you'll actually play.

From the looks of it, it reconfigures the one map through use of some manner of scripting or the other. Quite interesting, gives me a headache trying to think of how it's done.

How come I can't find any of LittleWhiteMouse's wad's on the Archives, Google Search, and Forum Searches (Zdoom.org and this site)? What am I doing wrong?

Most of her wads are either cancelled or forever in Beta stages (except the excellent Hellspawn, which was uploaded to the archive in the end, it's RTC quality scripting wise, and the level design is "solid", though not as good as RTC (what is?) its still very good, look for it!) and she tends to appear and dissapear for months on end (then again i only lurk the zdoom forums now and then).

She used to have a site about her various wads (one bigot once took one look at the anime references and assumed it was about hentai and furries, hopefully he was boiled to death in crude oil *^-^*), but on a crap host that wouldnt allow her to upload large files. This site later seemed to be replaced by a load of scans of box-art from various games, and then vanished altogether...