Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
farhaven

New map by me: temple

Hi folks

During the last week I made a little map for DooM II and I'd be glad to receive your suggestions on what I should improve.

temple.zip
The map is locatet in MAP01. When using vanilla/chocolate doom,some HOM can be seen on the pyramid,which disappears when getting closer to it.Does anyone know why?

yours,farhaven

I must admit that After looking at the first screenshot, this wad was the first thing that came to mind, which isn't very flattering. The other screenshots however changed that initial impression. After playing it...well the "dungeon" part is a bit annoying. Also: am I supposed to jump to get the plasma gun?

not bad. good dark atmosphere. way too many reduntant doors though. exterior portion is kinda pointless. no real challenge getting the keys. expand the level maybe to put some distance between them? needs a couple of bigger baddies IMO. I was curious about the plasma as well. most doomers don't like using jump, that I know of at least, and as far as I can see thats the only way to get it.

Maes said:

I must admit that After looking at the first screenshot, this wad was the first thing that came to mind, which isn't very flattering.

you must play some shitty wad's, because the first thing that it reminded me of when I saw it was Alien Vendetta MAP20.

AlexMax said:

you must play some shitty wad's, because the first thing that it reminded me of when I saw it was Alien Vendetta MAP20.

Agreed. That was my first impression too.

heh,thanks for the nice replies,it wasn't my first but my second map,so I'm kinda new to making maps :)

and yeah,the plasma rifle is located a bit high,do you think a kind of rising stairs would be good,maybe connected to a switch at the other side of the level?

yours,farhaven

This is good for an second map, about that secret I was wondering this myself as well do I need to jump to get it so I didn't and kept playing further expecting to stumble over an switch or teleporter to gain acces to that plasmagun.

Maybe lower the floor of that secret room to the same height of the room next to it and use some different texture on the door so its harder to see.

And you might want to fix the misaligned textures as well, also it would be cool if the outside area served an better purpose all this work on that piramid and when you go through that teleporter you never set foot in it again maybe make an exit somewhere near that piramid and an large monster battle to finish this map nicely.

dutch devil said:

it would be cool if the outside area served an better purpose all this work on that piramid and when you go through that teleporter you never set foot in it again maybe make an exit somewhere near that piramid and an large monster battle to finish this map nicely.

I was thinking something like that as well. maybe you can make it so that you have to kill all the enemies to access the entry teleporter.

Hi guys

I followed (some) of your advice and here is it: the advanced version of temple.wad.

I put some mancubi at the very beginning of the level and I changed the ending,you have to retourn to the pyramid through a teleporter and fight some hellknights,shotgun guys and mancubi on your way to the exit switch which is guarded by one mancubus,two barons of hell,three imps and two shotgun guys which will stay near the switch until they are killed.

Also,the secret now has an extra switch to raise a stair for easy access and some armor and medipacks have been added,though I think of enabling those only for the lower difficulty levels

yours,farhaven

for the screenshot pretty darm cutie, i love that aztec\maya\wathever else design on first shot.

Now i downloaded the map and in next days i'll told you my impression...

farhaven said:

heh,thanks for the nice replies,it wasn't my first but my second map,so I'm kinda new to making maps :)

and yeah,the plasma rifle is located a bit high,do you think a kind of rising stairs would be good,maybe connected to a switch at the other side of the level?

yours,farhaven

yeah that may be a good idea. i like everything else about the level except all the monsters are kinda on the easy side of the toughness scale.

except all the monsters are kinda on the easy side of the toughness scale

well,I thought I myself should be abled to play the level without dying like 6 times or something like that,and with the updated version,I think there's enough beef for almost everyone (though maybe a cyberdemon on uv and nm defending the exit switch just came to my mind)

that revision is a bit more of a challenge. I like the addition on the "exit" tunnel. the expanded horde on the outside is a good touch, but it was prety easy to get the cyberdemons to do most of the dirty work for me. can't wait to see your next map.