Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLazenby

Pimping out Doom?

I know I risk being flamed for wanting to desecrate a masterpiece, but hell with you, I'm still asking!

I have Doomsday. (It's an older version, because I tried the new version and had problems with it; plus I just like the interface of the Doomsday KickStart better than Snowberry.) I want "Doom" to look and sound as up-to-date as possible. I already installed high-res textures and 3D models... what can I do to pimp out the sound? I'm thinking, like, scarier music, scarier sound effects.

Well,get a bunch of good and "scary" (whatever that is,music never sounded scary to me) midis (or mp3s if doomsday supports those),make some ugly grunting and growling noises into your microphone,record them and use deutex/wintex to patch your iwad with those.

Or you could just be happy with one of the best pc games ever made :p

Find a PSX doom sounds patch for sound effects that many people regard as better (but some people don't, personally i like some of one, some of another... the "imps roaming" sound and "fireball shot" sounds from the PSX sound good, but nothing beats the PC shotgun!)

Graf Zahl said:

Sorry, but why do you want to play Doom if you intend to replace all the resources?

Because the textures are 128x128px in size maybe? The music is mus.. and we have mp3 versions of nearly every song. Play doom how you want, but don't tell him how to play it.

Breathing new life into an old game isn't a bad thing.

I'd REALLY like to get the Doom 64 music for "Doom", but converting the Absolution music file to Doom 1 didn't work. (The tally screen and title screen music was switched, but nothing else.)

Could someone help me?

I haven't played Doom 3 much (the demo didn't like my currently low-end PC), but... damn, those are some pansy sounds. :-)