Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
danarchist

One on One (Part Three): Ultimate Evil

Today's fight was made possible by the friendly people in the General Forum.

Today's fight pits supreme evil being against supreme evil being. In one corner, we have Diablo, one spikey mofo. In the other corner, we have Baphomet on huge mofo. Here are their stats:

Diablo
Attacks: Fires many kinds of powerful spells, including pink lightning.
Trapped Inside: A soulstone
Minions Include: Posessed archbishops, his equaly-powerful brothers, killer pygmies, and goat-demons.

Baphomet
Attacks: Can spawn many demons of Hell.
Trapped Inside: John Romero's head (or is it the other way around)?
Minions Include: Rocket-launcher-weilding cyborg minotaurs, walking brains with chainguns, flying tomato-demons, and a shitload of imps.

Who is the winner?
You decide!

Minions Include: Rocket-launcher-weilding cyborg minotaurs...

Ummmmmm, last I checked, the Icon of Sin (baphomet, whatever) only spawned enemies from imps to Arch-Viles.

Anyway, my vote is Baphomet. He can spawn monsters indefinitely. Other than his lack of mobility, he OWNS Diablo.

Minions Include: Rocket-launcher-weilding cyborg minotaurs...

Ummmmmm, last I checked, the Icon of Sin (baphomet, whatever) only spawned enemies from imps to Arch-Viles.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have any cyberdemon minions. He sent them all out to assassinate you earlier on. Or something...

Pff, Diablo could beat the Icon of Sin with just one hit.

If we take Diablo from Diablo 1, for example, he could just use his Armaggedon spell that inflicts mad damage to everything instantly.

If it's Diablo as in Diablo 2, one strike from his "bitching cone o' red fire" could easily burn away John's Romero head-on-a-stick.

If a lone space marine can kill the "baphomet" (or whatever it was that you called J.R.'s head on a stick), I'd assume Diablo could, too...but I'd always thought they were on the same side.

If a lone space marine can kill the "baphomet" (or whatever it was that you called J.R.'s head on a stick), I'd assume Diablo could, too...but I'd always thought they were on the same side.

Sure, but apparently marines love to kill each other, even if they're in the same side. Or at least that's what it looks like when playing multiplayer ;)

They bleed way too much for just being a recreational activity.

But they always end up okay, seeing as they always come back to life...

Yeah, but if a lone Rogue / Warrior / whatever stupid Diablo character you have, could kill Diablo, I assume the Icon of Sin could. And stop calling him "baphomet" or "cabriolette" or whatever. It's "John Romero's Head On A Stick." Or "Icon Of Sin" or if you want even shorter: "The Big Monster In The Last Level of DOOM II, Which Newbies Believe Cannot Be Beaten Without The IDCLIP Cheat Code."

And that Diablo guy could do nothing against the Icon Of Sin, because you can only kill it using UAC Rocket Launchers. Does The Diablo guy from Diablo has them?

The Diablo guy has way more powerful weapons to annihilate the Icon of Sin. The Doomguy is just a dumbass compared to a level 94 character...

Heh, a Barbarian would do as much damage as a BFG with his fists. And with 6000 hit points, who's gonna beat you?

You can only beat the Icon Of Sin with UAC Rockets! Not otherwise(tm)! So don't even try!

Heh, you can beat the Icon of Sin with just a couple of punches. It's just that the Military Forces are too damn stupid to actually think about carrying some C4 to blow up that fucker.

Diablo, as he's likely a bit more powerful.... and he has his own action figure.... and he has neato spikeys all over his body. And pretty yellow eyes... and... *trails off*

I've actually never played any Diablo game.... sad, really.

Most people think the Diablo games are just click-till-it-bleed games. They're actually pretty complex in their own way.

As you progress into the game, you realize you need some cunning tactics in order to survive. It's just that the "ok how in Earth I'm gonna beat 2 guys at once" feeling is replaced by a "ok how in Earth I'm gonna beat 450 guys at once".

I really didn't like the hell levels in Doom 2...they weren't...hellish enough. However, the E3 Inferno hell levels will give any hell levels a run for their money.

I really didn't like the hell levels in Doom 2...they weren't...hellish enough. However, the E3 Inferno hell levels will give any hell levels a run for their money.

Diablo 1 Hell levels were far more terrifiyng.

Succubi, Snow Witches and Soul Burners.

FUCKING BASTARD SEMI-EROTIC SET OF SPRITES WITH GODDAMN POWERFUL NON-RESISTIBLE ATTACKS!111$

Most people think the Diablo games are just click-till-it-bleed games. They're actually pretty complex in their own way.

No they are not, or well, Diablo I ironman needs some thinking.

As you progress into the game, you realize you need some cunning tactics in order to survive. It's just that the "ok how in Earth I'm gonna beat 2 guys at once" feeling is replaced by a "ok how in Earth I'm gonna beat 450 guys at once".

True for diablo I, where a swarmed char is a dead char. In Diablo 2 you just have to use your uber spell/skill/weapon/whatever and run over all opposition so you can get more exp and items so you can run over your opposition even faster. After some time you realize that it's pointless and quit, or enter the mad, collect all the best items stage (this is a sign that you should QUIT THE GAME before it's too late).

There is one element in Diablo 2 that is quite interesting though (or was before the crappy expansion), Hardcore highlevel PvP, now there's some challenge and adrenaline finally =) got myself a lv 89 barb ear in classic before I realized that this was also pointless, level your char, play a few duels, die. Restart.

A tip from someone who has ruined more hours than most people with this game: do something creative with your time, like editing doom levels or ranting against diablo2 on the doomworld forums =)

(Diablo 2 sucks)

Well I just played Diablo2 because I like the franchise, and loved the cinematics and music. But Diablo 1? Heh, I wasted 6 months of my life with it. And by 6 months I mean 6 months of gameplay hours.

Nothing like "Create Server -> Visit Blacksmith -> Look for good items -> Repeat if necessary" done 300 times in a row... ;)

Well I just played Diablo2 because I like the franchise, and loved the cinematics and music. But Diablo 1? Heh, I wasted 6 months of my life with it. And by 6 months I mean 6 months of gameplay hours.

Nothing like "Create Server -> Visit Blacksmith -> Look for good items -> Repeat if necessary" done 300 times in a row... ;)

Well, there are just the people who can, like you, Zaldron, and there are the people who cannot, like me.

I never played Diablo cause I just never believed walking, constantly mouse clicking at bad guys, then clicking at the health potion, then go to the Blacksmith 300 times etc can be fun.

Same goes with Heroes of Might and Magic, although I did play it for a while and liked it (I still like it in a way). After a while it just got boring. You build your castle, travel with your hero, gain experience, then eventually you grab an army of dragons or whatever things and go kick everyone's asses. Just so repetitive.

Now Rayman 2 is the game to play. Too bad I beat it so fast.

Diablo I was fun to play late nights online...
Diablo II is 10x as addictive to me...
So what if it lacks skill needed, so does Mario, and Zelda, and Pokemon, and all those other games that many people play and love. Damn its already 11:00...

the thing is, Icon of Sin could hide behind a wall with a little hole in a connecting sector so that he could hear you fire and he'd go on spitting demons forever and you'd never get through the hole to find Romero and end the level, esp. if some arsehole chaingunner replaced the end level switch with one of submerge's pizzas... :>

Diablo. Because he can actualy move. Mobility goes a loooong way in this world.. and the next.

danarchist: Check my new sig. Heh. "Make it stop hurting..."

YES...that movie-thing ownz...my friends and I are always quoting it. Ironicaly, I just removed it from my sig.

Why you godless couchfuck, if Jesus ever heard you talking like that, he'd shit his pants. Is that what you want, a shitty Jesus?