Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Maes

Gamarra's Destiny: a Gamarra Tribute WAD.

I wouldn't be posting this if the archives didn't corrupt my "official" upload but here it is: a link to my Gamarra Tribute, Gamarra's Destiny (quicksharing link).

I re-uploaded the correctly working ZIP archive ASAP notifying that it's a re-upload meant to replace any broken copies.

If you want to comment, please use the entry at doomworld idgames mirror.

The only idgames mirror containing a working copy as of now is the Greek mirror, but it still has the Ultimate Doom-only version of the WAD (won't work if the SKY4 texture reference doesn't exist, even if not used. Thanks WinTex :-( ). Let's hope this gets fixed ASAP and everybody will be witness to Gamarra's Destiny ;-)

GGG said:

Ah geez. Don't encourage him.

LOL encouraging? Play it and you will see it's not actually encouraging :-D

Lol, when I first uploaded this map for some reason the archives failed me and corrupted the zip file. Anyway, this was made INTENTIONALLY bad like a true Gamarra wad ( I copied the L=shaped door sector straight out of Gamarra X), and ofc a Gamarra tribute isn't a TRUE Gamarra tribute without MS-Paint walls and credit/titlepic.

Most people however failed to see the joke...cmon guys, what did you expect? Great gameplay and perfect texture alignment? :-D It was a JOKE, get over it :-) THere's even a wall saying "OH NO LOLZ IT LOOKS BLAND AND OLDSKOOL WITH MSPAINT WALLS LOLZ"

You should thank me for making it short and to the point, unlike a real Gamarra map ;-)

Maes said:

You should thank me

Thank you for submitting a wad that you know is a piece of crap rather than try to make a good one which would be of actual use to the archives and not a waste of space.

zap610 said:

Thank you for submitting a wad that you know is a piece of crap rather than try to make a good one which would be of actual use to the archives and not a waste of space.

Such is the path of a jokewad author.

And sequel? If it had been faced with less lack of humour, then maybe yes. MS-PAINT GALORE!

Again, I'm surprised at the harshness of the criticism. This is openly declared as a jokewad, a Gamarra tribute to be precise, yet people keep ranting about "wasted space", "poor gameplay" etc.

If it wasn't all of these things then it wouldn't be a jokewad, right? And even admitting it's a waste of space....well, then it's not any less nor any more of a waste than 1337.wad or wow.wad or any of the original Gamarra maps :-)

Geez...this should be called the "misunderstood jokewad none took as a joke" or something...

Next time I will make a fool-proof Jokewad, with wall textures trumpeting "THIS IS A JOKEWAD, LAUGH!" every now and then, and the credits will be a giant disclaimer "THIS IS A JOKEWAD, IT'S NOT INTENDED TO BE A SERIOUS MAP, IF YOU FAIL TO SEE THAT YOU JUST F41L IT. GOOD DAY SIR!". Oh did I mention it will be a jokewad? :-)

Tormentor667 said:

Use your time for something that really makes sens!

Yeah, maybe I should...still the negative reaction baffled me. Hey, luckily I didn't say this was intended to be a masterpiece that will put DV to shame :-D

Let's just say that creating a mock wad for a wad that itself could already be a mock wad is just wasting of time... I mean, even "Mockery" and "Mock 2" in my eyes have been the greatest pieces of shit that ever were released and about 99% of all the '94 wads are even better than that... one reason why I never understand people spending time in mock wads... but thats just me maybe :P

dutch devil said:

I'm wondering did you also made some maps that are actually worth playing?

Maybe ;-)

In any case, you all sure seem to be interested in Gamarra's Destiny ;-)

OK, then let's do something: how would you like a Gamarra Tribute wad to be?

Point taken. From now on I'll make better maps, boy scout's promise, OK? Now let's go all and vote 0/5 or 1/5 on Gamarra's destiny :-)

If you want to make a quality jokewad, you need to put as much time into it as if you were making a real quality map. Don't look at jokewads as excuses to make half-assed maps. A good jokewad takes a lot of planning and a lot of dedication. In fact, it's harder to make a good jokewad than a good regular wad because you have to find humor to add. There's been a number of ideas for good jokewads thrown around, but mappers don't want to go after them because they're a major undertaking. (1920's Doom anyone?)