Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crisandwitch

Wad server error

I made a map with Doom Builder...
Seriously, I made and exported a map to share with my friends. When we tried to run the server out of Skulltag all but the host would crash (the host could be anyone)with a message saying that the versions of the WAD are different. I can tell you that they are not, no editing was done after the exportation of the Map and every one was given the same file off the same flashdrive, and later by email and P2P.
Any reason why this is happening?

Are all of your friends using the same version of the IWAD (not the custom map you made) and of SkullTag? Can you play any other map for that matter?

Yes every one has the same IWAD and Skulltag version as well as ZDaemon. Neither allow us to play this custom map, but will allow us to play anything else.

First, if you're using Doom II, verify that you all have the same version of the Doom II IWAD: there are several v1.666 IWADs, of which one pirated, as well as 1.7, 1.7a, 1.8 and the final 1.9 IWAD.

Same thing holds for the Doom IWAD, only there are even more versions, ranging from v1.1 to v1.9. If they don't have the same checksum and size, ZDaemon and Skulltag return an error. I don't know if that applies only when using custom WADs though.