Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Mordeth Is Ten!

(img)No not the Dutch guy, the actual WAD. It was precisely 10 years ago, February 22, 1997, that "Episode 1" of the Mordeth TC was unleashed upon the world. After the first six levels of madcap mayhem the Doomiverse has been patiently waiting for Episodes 2 and 3, which should be coming soon... right Mord? Mord?!

I've actually refrained from going through the original Mordeth so that I could experience the final, ultimate version first. Hopefully progress will start speeding up, there's currently a painful shortage of Eternity maps.

I still have faith in Mordeth! I'm gonna re-DL Mordeth now and give it a whirl! *edit* : you know, an updated release of Mordeth Episode 1 would probably generate interest ;)

Plus, Eternity needs some more exclusive wads :-P

Wow, there's some old stuff there. http://mordeth.doomworld.com/ancient.shtml .

"Randy D. Heit informed me of his Windows 95/ NT 4.0 port with the following features:"

lolz

A whole decade of waiting for Mordeth, it's hard to believe, and what a strange journey it's been. We've had hirings, firings, quittings and vanishings. We've had screenshots. We've had year long gaps between updates. We've had burglary, intrigue, and World of Warcraft. Mordeth has been the backdrop of our lives and of our community. Through all the drama, the releases, the triumphs and the tragedies, the Mordeth project continued, slow and steady, on to here knows when. Here's to the next ten years!

I'd like to finish on a song...

It's been a long road

Gettin from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally here

And I will see my dreams come alive at night
I will touch the sky
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna change my mind

'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
No one's going to bend nor break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith
I've got faith
Faith of the heart

I hope we arent still waiting for Episode 2 when the "Mordeth is Fifteen!" post rolls around ;)

Must be a great WAD for people to be waiting 10 years for it and not really seem too upset. I'll give it a whirl.

Krivanka said:

Must be a great WAD for people to be waiting 10 years for it and not really seem too upset. I'll give it a whirl.

Yeah we should all be upset over Mordeth's insolence. How DARE he keep spending his free time working on a wad for over 10 years w/o a release? HE OWE US!

Caaaaaan youuuuuuu feeeeeeel theeeeee loooooooovvvveeeeee tooooniiiiiight?

Where is Fraggle when you need him?