Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Kalamari!!!

Jesus christ thats a huge squid. Colossal squid get very big in their bodies but this thing is enormous.

Calamari the size of tracter tires... anyone got some marinara sauce??

Technician said:

Too bad it's dead.

They tend to be when people catch them.

AndrewB said:

Kalamari is better than everything.

That must be why it tastes so good.

Yeah thats true, big deep-sea squid have ammonia.

They would probably be very difficult to chew anyway, considering their bodies are thicker than normal squid, and calamari is natrually a bit chewy.

Anybody get the Honda banner ad? "Honda thinking in action!" yeah, the old car was beautiful (though i notice they didnt mention they rusted before they even left the showroom) and the new one is, well, "some car"

you know, between this, the giant squid that was caught, and the two "prehistoric" deep water sharks caught in japan ya gotta wonder WTF is going on in the oceans.

VileSlay said:

you know, between this, the giant squid that was caught, and the two "prehistoric" deep water sharks caught in japan ya gotta wonder WTF is going on in the oceans.

Heh, revolution of the deep sea... I just wait for the Lobster-men to come up :)

VileSlay said:

Scientists reckon squid the size of double decker buses lurk in the depths of the Antartic waters.

Personally I'd love to see one of those take on a blue whale.

The most epic battle I've seen on land was where that snake (think it was a king cobra) swallowed the alligator and both died. That was a draw and I reckon the squid/whale battle could also be close.

pritch said:

Scientists reckon squid the size of double decker buses lurk in the depths of the Antartic waters.

The most epic battle I've seen on land was where that snake (think it was a king cobra) swallowed the alligator and both died. That was a draw and I reckon the squid/whale battle could also be close.

Blue whales are baleen whales, and thus surface plankton feeders. Sperm Whales are the ones that dive deep to hunt giant squid. I think the sperm whale would win quite, as it has evolved to take down even the largest squid. Current thinking is that the huge reservoir of oil in the sperm whale's head is actually a sonic focusing mechanism. It is theorized that she whale uses concentrated sonar to stun its prey.

Oh, and I think you mean an anaconda versus a caiman. Cobras and alligators don't even live on the same continent, and cobras eat small mammals and other snakes. Anacondas often make meals of caiman.

Vader said:

Heh, revolution of the deep sea... I just wait for the Lobster-men to come up :)

They've already sent Lobster Boy.

pritch said:

yeah, there are lots of undocumented examples of species in the deeps. in fact I recently read about new examples of octupi, sea cucumbers and other reef type creatures being discovered beneath one of the antartic ice shelves. the only reason they were able to find these is because the shelf broke away. that is my point. people talk about global warming in a sense that it effects only the surface without any regard to were it is felt the most, in the ocean. but anyway, I rant.

as for the snake/gator thing, it was a captive bred burmese python, that was carelessly released by it's ower in to the everglades, that ate an alligator. there have been several large, exotic snakes seen or captured in the 'glades.

GGG said:

They've already sent Lobster Boy.

Eww, is this for real? Poor boy...
I was referring to the Lobster people in "Xcom: Terror from the deep" though ;)

Dr. Zin said:

Blue whales are baleen whales, and thus surface plankton feeders. Sperm Whales are the ones that dive deep to hunt giant squid. I think the sperm whale would win quite, as it has evolved to take down even the largest squid. Current thinking is that the huge reservoir of oil in the sperm whale's head is actually a sonic focusing mechanism. It is theorized that she whale uses concentrated sonar to stun its prey.

Oh, and I think you mean an anaconda versus a caiman. Cobras and alligators don't even live on the same continent, and cobras eat small mammals and other snakes. Anacondas often make meals of caiman.

Give me a break I live in England. I'm lucky if I see a grass snake every 5 years :(

I'm pretty sure it was an alligator or a croc though or something as it happened in Florida if I remember the story right. The thing was the snake did manage to swallow it, but burst in the process. Quite a sight.

pritch said:

But how would the squid fare against the hovershark?

pritch said:

Give me a break I live in England. I'm lucky if I see a grass snake every 5 years :(

I'm pretty sure it was an alligator or a croc though or something as it happened in Florida if I remember the story right. The thing was the snake did manage to swallow it, but burst in the process. Quite a sight.

I think this is what your talking about.