Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bane

the doom bible...

Uh...the bible talks about UAAF (united aerospace armed forces) and a planet called Tei Tanga, instead of the Mars' two moons Phobos and Deimos. The original story goes with an invasion of aliens (or demons, seems to be same) that comes from gates that the scientists opens, and you gotta go and destroy. Later when reading the story, the main character is in jail, for the reason Demon General threw him there, for watching the destruction. Ehehe...demon general...

There were odd items like Unholy bible, demon armor and a weapon called dark claw that used souls as ammo...

The game should have cinematic intro and animations, strange monster like Twin Demons...bah, HOW THE HELL THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DOOM?! i'm confused. i'm happy they made the decision for the story.

Well yes, most of us 'hardcore' (ahem) Doom folks have read the Doom Bible. Some of this stuff made it into the pre-release versions of Doom.

----SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION !!!---

Go to http://www.geocities.com/lordflathead, click on 'Articles' and the one about 'Doom 1's development'. You'll see what I mean.

----SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION !!!---

well...uh flathead for reading your article, then the doom bible, i had to post this thread...

Well, I'm really glad they took all the prize items out of the game.

But in the other hand, after reading the doom bible, I feel like there are some hellish stuff missing, like the dark claw and stuff like that.

Creo que el juego seria una gran cagada si no ponen algo medio infernal.

well all the medieval items in the doom alphas didn't really match the games theme, I'm glad they were taken out.

Creo que el juego seria una gran cagada si no ponen algo medio infernal.

Una gran verdad, pero como es tradición de id recrear ambientes infernales no creo que eso sea un problema.

It'd be nice if after DOOM 3 (or whatever it'll end up being called) if maybe ID decided to try following a game based on the original DOOM Bible... it wouldn't be the game as we knew it, but I believe it'd be worthwhile. It had some very interesting points and would just be interesting to see. Granted, maybe change a few things (erm, Brusier Brothers?) but try to stick to the original guide. I think it'd be a worthwhile play ^.^. Or if someone tried to make a project based on it.... *hrrms*

It's too similar to DooM to actually be a "new" game. There are some good things in there, but lots of facts and concepts are kinda cheesy for today standards.

A mod would rule, since I'm kinda hoping id will pursue a completely new gameworld after DOOM.

Actually I'm Team Leader of one project witch is working with Quake (1). We want to make a DOOM MOD or something to Quake engine. The story isn't complete yet. Maybe I could use this "DOOM Bible" story..
I've downloaded this bible from FlatHead's homepage (great site Flat! Especially this homepage logo, it looks cool =D). Have to take some time to read it..

I've downloaded this bible from FlatHead's homepage (great site Flat! Especially this homepage logo, it looks cool =D). Have to take some time to read it..

Thank Zaldron for that logo. I fucked it up by resizing it but still, yeah, he did a great job on it.

Thank Zaldron for that logo. I fucked it up by resizing it but still, yeah, he did a great job on it.

yea.. it's really nice! 1st time I saw this I just stared it for 15+ min.
But what do you guys think of that "Project" I'm workin' on?

The Official Site goes to:
http://project.dyn.ee/
(currently I made something temporary)
Hint: "Project" Team is (very) interested of new team members :)

Well if you could actually tell us what your project is, and how we could help, that would be cool.

Well, it is DOOM III forums, but You asked for it (:D):

Well, we want to use Quake (1) engine to build this DOOM project on it. 1st plan is to make Quake to run with existing Cheb's jDOOM MD2 models. In the other words: "Project" Team want's to make DOOM (using Quake engine).

Well. Mostly we want Coders who could understand Quake source, but anyone who have interest in it can ask for membership. Just mail me (tonx@dako.edu.ee). Coders aren't only one who can help us :)

Okay.. I finally read the bible.. hmm.. I really expected something.. more doomish..
I dont know how about you, but I'm disapointed in it.. :( Maybe it was the "Unholy Bible" I expected..

yea.. it's really nice! 1st time I saw this I just stared it for 15+ min.

It's just a remake of the logo found in the technology shot. Congrat the artists at id.

It's just a remake of the logo found in the technology shot. Congrat the artists at id.

Great job anyway.. :)

Well, we want to use Quake (1) engine to build this DOOM project on it. 1st plan is to make Quake to run with existing Cheb's jDOOM MD2 models. In the other words: "Project" Team want's to make DOOM (using Quake engine).

That sounds good, I´m looking forward to the release of your project. Those MD2 models are pretty good, except the zombie soldiers and sargeants, they have no neck and strange shaped heads... maybe just use the Q1 grunts with a Zombie soldier skin?

You probably know Your Path Of Destruction (YPOD), which is a Doom mod for Q1 as well, but I was very disappointed when I played it, because the maps have very poor quality and I deleted it after I´ve seen the third map or so.

So I hope your team has good mappers on board, that will be very important ;)

That sounds good, I´m looking forward to the release of your project. Those MD2 models are pretty good, except the zombie soldiers and sargeants, they have no neck and strange shaped heads... maybe just use the Q1 grunts with a Zombie soldier skin?

Well, first I'm going with these models.. Maybe in future we going to improve 'em or something.. First we must to find some coders to work on Quake engine..

You probably know Your Path Of Destruction (YPOD), which is a Doom mod for Q1 as well, but I was very disappointed when I played it, because the maps have very poor quality and I deleted it after I´ve seen the third map or so.

So I hope your team has good mappers on board, that will be very important ;)

Yea.. I know this (YPOD), but I've never tryied it myself, but.. screenies where lil' bad enough..

Yeah.. So do I ;D