stuped error

The instruction at 00427595 referenced memory at 0000004e
The memory could not be written

Click on OK to terminate the application

that happens when i make a door :(
and i try 2 play a game :(

edit:am i making a mistake?
i am using doom 2

er... what engine are you using? Doom2.exe? Doom95? Zdoom? We cannot Diagnose the problem unless we know more about it.

bleh. Its a problem that you made. How did you make the door. I recall having a similar issue when i was using EdMap. Have you read the doom builder manual/FAQ/tutorial?

Exactly how do you run vanilla doom? The only way to run it stably (albeit slowly) is via DOSBOX on most Windows XP systems.

On its own, Windows XP won't run vanilla Doom natively at all on some systems, or will run it with many glitches and limitations (first and foremost no sound).

Sounds Like Typical newbie Stuff to me. Don't worry, that happens to everyone... to see an example of a working door, just edit doom2.wad.

EDIT: Better yet, don't use doom2.exe. Zdoom is so much better.

I got the same error. This time I'm using DOOM Collector's Edition on Windows Vista, and made my own PWAD file using Doom Builder 2.0.1.1157. I am willing to send the PWAD file to someone if they want to see what the deal is. It's a simple hexagonal room, with a hexagon pillar inside, and a Player 1 starting point. No idea why it won't run.

Try adding a few additional sectors.

Doom's node builder can have problems with maps that only have 1 sector.