Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Skulltag Has New Coder

Recommended Posts

Torr Samaho recently became Skulltag's first new programmer since the unfortunate departure of Carnevil, Skulltag's creator and previously single lead coder. From Skulltag's web site:

Everybody give a warm welcome to our first new Skulltag code monkey: Torr Samaho! Torr is currently studying his PHD in mathematics in Germany. Please refrain from harassing the poor guy for bug fixes or new feature requests for quite some time though as he'll definitely need some time to familiarize himself with the source.

The web site also states that other new coders will join the Skulltag project eventually, as well. Skulltag seems to have a future once again.

Share this post


Link to post

EDIT : this is not a troll. So, it's against policy to state an opinion that the mod doesn't agree with?

A troll posts something as flame-bait but generally doesn't care either way. I believe what I posted and don't care if anyone responds to it.

Skulltag is boring DM, it's just UT and Q3A thrown into Doom. This news, however, does give me hope that ST will improve, maybe. Hell, perhaps they'll even release portions of the source.

EDIT # 2 : I think I'm gonna get to know this Torr fellow. At least he's cool enough to step in and take charge of a popular project with a dedicated fan-base.

Share this post


Link to post

Naked Snake said:Skulltag is boring DM, it's just UT and Q3A thrown into Doom.[/B]


*blinks*

There's no law stating you *must* load up wads that have the new skulltag weapons or extra features. Go play your dwango 5 map01 with classic settings... I guarantee it won't play like UT or Q3A. hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Aabra said:

There's no law stating you *must* load up wads that have the new skulltag weapons or extra features. Go play your dwango 5 map01 with classic settings... I guarantee it won't play like UT or Q3A. hehe

No, but it won't play like Doom, either.

Share this post


Link to post

I second the above point, especially with the LAN still fresh in my memory.

Share this post


Link to post

So Skulltag with classic settings and maps doesn't play at all like Doom? Wow, what have I been doing all this time! Thankyou for showing me the light! Please, pass me some of whatever you guys are smoking. It must be good. The plasma bump works, but is not 110% identical to doom2.exe. This unintentional bug by the ID team is the only thing that makes Doom play like Doom.

I guess Zdoom doesn't play like doom either then. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Aabra said:

I guess Zdoom doesn't play like doom either then. LOL

It doesn't. nolol

I guess no amount of facts will ever convince the newschool preachers.

Share this post


Link to post
Aabra said:

This unintentional bug by the ID team is the only thing that makes Doom play like Doom.


Didn't you know? There are those for who Doom is only defined by its bugs and glitches... ;)

Share this post


Link to post

No, Skulltag doesn't play like the oldschool doom some of us know and love. it plays like Zdoom, which is ok for me. It's not Skulltag's purpose to play like Vanilla Doom. It's aimed at the crowd that liked the newschool features etc. This is obviously not for everyone. Which is not a problem, Odamex is here to fill the gap. There IS SOMETHING for EVERYONE!

Be happy, stop bitching.

Share this post


Link to post

Graf Zahl said:
Didn't you know? There are those for who Doom is only defined by its bugs and glitches... ;)

Those aren't bugs, those are features! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

Didn't you know? There are those for who Doom is only defined by its bugs and glitches... ;)

I'm so sorry I want to play Doom and not Quake 4. I'm also so sorry it just kills you that you havent upgraded everyone to GZDoom.

Share this post


Link to post
Hobbs said:

I'm so sorry I want to play Doom and not Quake 4. I'm also so sorry it just kills you that you havent upgraded everyone to GZDoom.


then play doom. who the fuck is making anyone play anything? the majority of this thread is a fucking joke. everyone shut up and play what they want to play. oddly enough nobody cares.

Share this post


Link to post
insertwackynamehere said:

oddly enough nobody cares.


oh nooo call the police!

btw. chocolate doom + doomwire or dosbox ipxnet + doom

Share this post


Link to post

Why is it always the fundamentalist oldschoolers that are constantly bitching about ports that alter too much for their tastes? Can't they just ignore the engines they don't like?

Do you see me dropping into a Chocolate Doom thread saying crap like 'This is worthless because it contains all of Doom's shitty bugs!'?

I guess not. I know that engine is not for me so I keep out of the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

Do you see me dropping into a Chocolate Doom thread saying crap like 'This is worthless because it contains all of Doom's shitty bugs!'?

I guess not. I know that engine is not for me so I keep out of the discussion.

You dropped into an Eternity thread to question someone's reasoning pertaining to a matter that was none of your concern and then bitch about people abusing "Doom's shitty bugs" for their projects, despite the fact that it was a completely moot point, though. Not too far off.

Share this post


Link to post

No Graf you just had to make a comment about oldschool doomers in this thread. And cominng from you it should be taken as an insult.

Share this post


Link to post
DooMAD said:

You dropped into an Eternity thread to question someone's reasoning pertaining to a matter that was none of your concern and then bitch about people abusing "Doom's shitty bugs" for their projects, despite the fact that it was a completely moot point, though. Not too far off.


He was pointing out why hacks are bad. I agree, I think they can be cool, but regardless of whether it's Doom or some of the old DHTML stuff people used to do before AJAX became popular, its still a hack.

Share this post


Link to post

OH NOES I AM TYPING ON TEH INTRAWEBS AND I ACCIDENTALLY STATED A COMPLETELY BENIGN OPINION -- PLEASE NOT 2 FLAMING ME

Got Graf's back this time, at least halfway. I am not going to bother to read the Eternity thread Graf allegedly posted in, because I don't really care. Pots calling kettles black isn't cool, but I doubt it's really as bad as the accusations would indicate. Can't you all just shut the fuck up and get along? I'm not really seeing that much extreme statement of opinion here.

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

Do you see me dropping into a Chocolate Doom thread saying crap like 'This is worthless because it contains all of Doom's shitty bugs!'?

Just like you don't see me dropping into a ... oh shi

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×