Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glassyman

What is your favourite wad made in 1994 that contains only one map?

Please clarify what you mean by "only a map". For instance, skycity (which you mention), contains some graphics and sounds in addition to a map. And uac_dead has a sky replacement, etc.

Do you mean "just one map", but with no restriction on additional resources?

Grazza said:

Please clarify what you mean by "only a map". For instance, skycity (which you mention), contains some graphics and sounds in addition to a map. And uac_dead has a sky replacement, etc.

Do you mean "just one map", but with no restriction on additional resources?

I mean a map with or without additional resources (graphics, music, sounds, ecc.). Wads with more than one map are not allowed (serenity and eternity for example). Feel free to ask me more information if you need.

You mean wads with more than ONE map not allowed? If not then my favorite is ep5a.wad (my first ever seen wad), ep4b.wad.

Hmm...that would be UAC_DEAD, DEADBASE, UNDERSEA, TRINITY and FORGE. Some of them are not that good to play (especially FORGE) but they have sentimental value :-)

Castevil.wad, even though I never played it fully until 1998 when source ports finally increased the savegame limit so that I didn't have to play all of it in one session without ever making a deadly mistake.

OK then: Trinity, Invade1, Invade2, Galaxia.

Well, Galaxia technically contains two levels, but one is the real deal, and the other is just a tiny addition.

[And thread title edited for clarity.]

I allways liked Mc Gee's deathmatch map (idmap01), I'm not sure which year ir was made.

My friend made some "Terminator: Future Shock" kind of map :D Can't remember the name of the map and it's probably not released anywhere... But it was cool map. It was somewhere in the destroyed future city and there were some buildings and ruins. It was set in a night time. It ended in the player jumping into a sewer. It actually continued in another map, don't know if that 2nd map every came ready. The map also had some dehacked patch and it was probably not made in 1994 :P Maybe it was 1995, 1996, 1997? Old map anyway :D

Grazza said:

...Invade1, Invade2...

Holy shit yes. I still love those maps, back then the 'realism' of them had me so immersed :p Invade2's music rocked me bad too, super fun coop map.

Aside from some maps already mentioned, I'll add these favourites of mine off the top of my head:
For Doom ->
DMPITS.WAD, DMPTRL.WAD and INFEST.WAD, all by the same guy (Nicholas Bell).
DETH1.WAD, DJW11.WAD, BALLLOCK.WAD, DISDAIN.WAD, DMANMLY.WAD, L21.WAD, IRU-V2.WAD (in DMCARN20.ZIP), JSTUFF10.WAD (found in DMKURT.ZIP), DAVE.WAD (in DMWILD.ZIP), BLUDFEST.WAD, PREDATOR.WAD (in DMPRED.ZIP), NUKEIT.WAD. These are all worth checking out for one reason or another.

For Doom 2, D2HOUSE.WAD.

I'll add some more later if I can remember. :-)

ready?

base_16.wad, base_17.wad, urbnbeta.wad, fear.wad, fc.wad, processr.wad, sewers.wad, stones.wad, acheron.wad, nemo.wad, office.wad, stjnhom.wad, subwa11.wad, town.wad, caverns.wad, trinity.wad, sapidus.wad, pueblo.wad, rrward01.wad, lookout.wad, pentgram.wad, scorpio1.wad, sungod.wad, supprsn.wad, ss27bet2.wad, acastle2.wad, the_keep.wad, starwars1.wad, starwars2.wad, trekdoom.wad, newday.wad, village.wad, spider.wad, dante21.wad, zone13.wad, yakworld.wad,
bilbo11.wad, symbolic.wad, mntfire.wad, neverest.wad, nemo.wad, redrum.wad, bunker.wad

and not all in this preferences mode :)