Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krivanka

Problem playing PWAD on different engine.

I created a very basic PWAD (one of my first maps) and it runs fine in zdoom. However, when run with the gldoom engine, the map hardly works at all, walls are sectioned off, missing textures. It is also pretty bad on prboom, missing textures, textures misaligned, etc. Everything is fine on zdoom engine, built how I like it.

Can someone help this rookie PWADer with this problem? I'm using doombuilder

Perhaps if you can provide a download link, it will be easier to pinpoint what's wrong. But seeing how ZDoom only plays it correctly, it might just be that you're saving it in ZDoom or Hexen-Doom format, even if you are not actually using any of the respective special features.

This sounds like the nodes are broken. ZDoom can rebuild them if it detects that they are invalid but other source ports can not and the things you describe are normally the result.
You can verify this by opening the console in ZDoom after starting the level. If something is wrong there will be a message telling you about it.

I thinking Graf Zahl's right here.
There's a rather common problem when using the default nodebuilder in Doombuilder (it's set to ZDBSP). It tends to mess up offsets on the linedef splits or something like that. Zdoom will however display them correctly for some reason. Other source ports will not.
You must change the nodebuilder Doombuilder uses.

But don't panic this is easy!

-In Doombuilder click "Tools"
-then "Configuration"
-then "Nodebuilder"
-select "ZenNode Normal Build" from the drop down menu.
-Click "Ok"

re-save your wad and everything should be solved now!

Scientist said:

I thinking Graf Zahl's right here.
There's a rather common problem when using the default nodebuilder in Doombuilder (it's set to ZDBSP). It tends to mess up offsets on the linedef splits or something like that. Zdoom will however display them correctly for some reason. Other source ports will not.
You must change the nodebuilder Doombuilder uses.

But don't panic this is easy!

-In Doombuilder click "Tools"
-then "Configuration"
-then "Nodebuilder"
-select "ZenNode Normal Build" from the drop down menu.
-Click "Ok"

re-save your wad and everything should be solved now!

That particular bug has been fixed long ago. Replacing ZDBSP with the latest version should resolve it. However, from the description this looks more like the nodes are for an older version of the map and haven't been updated. The only thing the ZDBSP bug can cause it texture misalignments but not corrupt or missing geometry.