Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

New Megawad in progress - Whispers of Satan

A week ago I updated my Doom Page with some news of a new 32 level megawad for Doom2 named Whispers of Satan that me and Kristian Aro (the same 2 guys who made 2002ADO, Death Tormention 2, 3, etc.) have been working on since last October. A few small screenshots are avaliable. At the time of this writing 9 maps are already complete. We were initially planning to release this wad in October 2008 in honour of Doom's 15th anniversery but I believe the wad will be released whenever it's complete.

* Story is set on Earth
* Requires Boom-Compatible Source Port
* Built in MAPINFO, DEHACKED, etc.
* 32 levels, 16 maps per author
* All new original music (in mus format)
* Hundreds of New Textures (well, not really new. Taken from Doom1, Plutonia, etc)

Please go to - geocities.com/paul33_au - to see a few small screenshots.

Definitely something to look forward to; I've always liked your maps. Of course, now we have to wait probably almost two years.

Just a little thing, but why is there an apostrophe in the name?

Work on MAP07 has begun. Kristian will be making that map while I will start work on MAP06 within the next few weeks. We do not plan to release a Demo at all but hopefully in 12-15 months it shall be all done.

You two guys are one of the main reasons while we're still playing Doom! I am 100% sure that you will deliver the goods with this big project and that it will be a super cool gaming experience all the way through.

RoneKyakone said:

Just a little thing, but why is there an apostrophe in the name?

Perhaps an analogy to McDonald's?

printz said:

Perhaps an analogy to McDonald's?

McDonald's is not a plural, it's a possessive form.

"Whisper's of Satan" doesn't make any sense, it ought to be "Whispers of Satan".

I didn't get it either until I saw who started the thread. Who could forget "2002 A Doom Odyssey: You're Ticket Back to Hell." ;)

Good luck, looking forward to this one.

Yeah it's "Whispers of Satan", not Whisper's of Satan. We are aiming for Doom's 15th birthday indeed. I almost lost all data 2 weeks ago because my laptop suffered of a complete hd crash. Luckily I had backed up all precious information on my portable hd the previous day and had sparings that allowed me to buy a new laptop quickly and continue my work on doom & music. What a close call, phew.

I will dedicate all my 16 maps and my future musical work for my fiancée who has been in a hospital for 3 months because of brain damage due to a serious accident she suffered back in november. It seems that she will never recover to a normal state of consciousness. Only time will tell how well she recovers. I'm in no hurry, live one day at a time and keep my thumbs up.

Kid Airbag said:

The only conclusion I can draw is that kids really aren't being taught grammar these days.

No, they aren't. I only recall brief bits of grammar taught in the 6th, 8th, and 9th grades. I know there was more than just that, but not much. We would usually touch on grammar quickly at the beginning of the year and then head right into reading boring books like The Pearl and learning about Greek Mythology. Hardly anyone I went to school with knew much about grammar. The only reason I did was that I had taught myself on the side because I wanted to become a writer.

*Reads thread title*

Here we go again...

*Reads post*

Oh right, something that will actually get done this time

The things that Kristian has been through in his life, hmm. But this dude has such an incredible sense of creativity and intelligence and the amazing abillity to read someone elses mind at times. Meeting him in person was a huge adventure for me and meeting him again in the near future will make the adventure continue much further. He himself has a very strong mind and has taught me many lessons in the last few years. When we were creating Death Tormention 3 back in 2005, I was going through a very tough mental time in my life, but I grew better due to self belief. Apart from Doom, me and Kristian also both write electronic dance music (trance).

Nebula-Kristian said:

I will dedicate all my 16 maps and my future musical work for my fiancée who has been in a hospital for 3 months because of brain damage due to a serious accident she suffered back in november. It seems that she will never recover to a normal state of consciousness. Only time will tell how well she recovers. I'm in no hurry, live one day at a time and keep my thumbs up.

Ohh man, sad to hear that! I hope she recovers and I wish you both the best of luck!

Naan said:

The link in the first post seems broken...

It's just you, I think. Works fine on my end.

Some progress reporting on this...

At the moment we have 13 maps done and are progressing as planned. We have no deadline but aim to release the mapset at doom's 15th birthday in 2008. A website is at planning stages and Paul should open it up in a month or two I think. There will be screenshots posted and other information on the megawad. There won't be new monsters nor new weapons. Just action-packed maps concentrating on good gameplay and good looks.

pcorf said:

A week ago I updated my Doom Page with some news of a new 32 level megawad for Doom2 named Whispers of Satan

What about making a megawad for an advanced source port, featuring 100 levels, 10 being secret and 5 super secret, whose progression is Þ-like (main way-branched-main way again)? And also 20 new monsters, 2 new weapons and 5 new hazards? well pcorf is a productive mapper, so this could after all happen...

Yeah, why not also put all of the monsters have partial invisibility and 10000 hitpoints and use only plasma guns and rocketlaunchers. Let's also add helper players that try to tyson the level through finding nothing but brickwalls they try to walk through. :D

WHISPERS OF SATAN PROGRESS

So far 12 Levels are fully complete, with two in progress. The website for the project is to be released eventually but I'm not sure when. Maybe in July or August.

All levels are to be for Boom compatible sourceports, and works best with Zdoom because some textures/flats are animated or warped. All of the maps are going to have a fair amount of detail, but not too overdetailed (like MAP01 of Gothic99).

We are not looking for any members to join, not like 2002ADO. Its mostly a two man project. Two years ago Kristian actually came up with the idea of a megawad and I agreed. We started work late last year.

LEVELS BY PAUL
MAP01 - Sintlabs
MAP03 - Poison Sewers
MAP06 - Covert Operations Facillity
MAP09 - The School
MAP10 - IN PROGRESS
MAP12 - Blood Station
MAP13 - The Wasted Dens

MAP31 - Space Station Skywalker
MAP32 - Schwanzlutscher

LEVELS BY KRISTIAN
MAP02 - The Sink
MAP04 - Lost Beacon
MAP05 - Pumping Station 083A
MAP07 - Death Alley
MAP08 - IN PROGRESS

Nebula-Kristian said:

Yeah, why not also put all of the monsters have partial invisibility and 10000 hitpoints and use only plasma guns and rocketlaunchers. Let's also add helper players that try to tyson the level through finding nothing but brickwalls they try to walk through. :D

Well you see, my post was pretty damn serious and hopeful, especially for releases to come. I still don't know a clue for a wad that big. Anyway, good luck with this one, it will be quite welcome to see and try and play.

Hey, the apostrophe disappeared...

Looks awesome, guys -- I can't wait.