Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Infernalstone

Issues with remote doors

So, I'm trying my hand at something I've wanted to do for decades, and make doom levels. I followed the whole process in the Builder Guide for the demo level, figuring I really should go too far into making levels if I can't make this work. And I can't make it work. I did a search on "remote doors" and it didn't bring anything up... So, here's the issue...

My remote door is not working, and I can't figure out why... The layout is exactly as in the guide.

My two linedefs for operating the door have the following parameters:
Action: 105
Sector Tag: 1
Double Sided checked

The door is as follows:
Sector Effect: 0
Tag: 1
Ceiling: 0
Floor: 0

Is there something I keep missing in there? Thanks in advance for any help. Hopefully next time, I'll have a more than a very basic question.

Linedef special 105 is for lines that you walk over. Is this a walk-over remote door, or one where you have to flip a switch? If it's a switch, the equivalent linedef special is 114.

According to the tutorial, it's supposed to be a walk-over door. One line def, 8 units away on each side with 105, tagged to the door. I've clipped through to the other side, and turned the clip off, but no door reaction.

I haven't seen the tutorial in question, but I think you have to walk over from the right to the left side of the line for walkover linedef specials to work.

Infernalstone said:

According to the tutorial, it's supposed to be a walk-over door. One line def, 8 units away on each side with 105, tagged to the door. I've clipped through to the other side, and turned the clip off, but no door reaction.

If I am reading this right, you have the trigger line 8 units from the door. That is too close, the line must be more than 16 units from the wall, as the line is triggered by the center of the 32 unit diameter player. Optimally at least 64 units or more so the door so the player doesn't end up ramming the door.

Ahh. I see.

Well, that would be the problem.

Thank you both for the help.

Now I can start to create a few of the deathmatch maps, and possibly start work on the huge single player map I've had rattling around in my head.