Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scwiba

De-cybered Cyberdemon

Does anyone know if there have ever been any Cyberdemon edits made where all the cybernetic parts were removed? I need to do just that for an enemy I'm working on, and while the legs are simple and the arms not too tough, redrawing flesh over all the wires in the Cyberdemon's midsection is going to take a long time.

I know there is a sprite in the Doom Beastiary called a Guardian with a completely intact torso, but I assume like most of the monsters there, it's only a single frame. So, basically, I'm just wondering before I start work on editing out all the wires if this has been done before, so I might not waste all the time and just work off the sprite that's already out there.

There is already something out there, but I'm not sure how well done it was nor what wad is was in. Try checking the ZDoom monster resource wad. I don't think it was in there, but it might be worth checking out anyway... Also, it wouldn't hurt searching the ZDoom and ZDaemon forums. I know that I saw it in a wad that I downloaded from one of those two places.

Try enlarging a Baron sprite (after conversion to more colours to avoid blockiness) to fit the "missing pieces" of the de-cybernized Cyberdemon.

I'd like to see an cyber in its true form without all the cybernetic parts, to my knowledge there isn't such an monster in the mrw.

EarthQuake said:

Try checking the ZDoom monster resource wad. I don't think it was in there, but it might be worth checking out anyway... Also, it wouldn't hurt searching the ZDoom and ZDaemon forums. I know that I saw it in a wad that I downloaded from one of those two places.

It's not in the MRW, unfortunately. I'm searching those forums right now, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Mordeth said:

Try enlarging a Baron sprite (after conversion to more colours to avoid blockiness) to fit the "missing pieces" of the de-cybernized Cyberdemon.

I was considering this and it seems like the best idea. I will probably end up doing it this way.

I THINK it was Herian 2 that had the 'not-cyber demon'. It fired magical fireballs from it's hands instead, which where the same power as rockets, funny that.

I just took a look and while I thought you were right, I guess I remembered it wrong. All it is is the normal arm copied/pasted over the rocket launcher. Everything else is the same.

I'd love to see a picture of a natural Cyberdemon, if someone would be so kind.

Well, you guys say its a Hell Knight if it's cybernetics are ripped off and made into flesh, but it wouldn't be a Hell Knight for it's size and would that make it a Destroyer of Hell as it's horns are LARGER then both Baron and Hell Knight, it's 2 times bigger then a Hell Knight and Baron, it'd be much stronger for it's size. (I know, you guys are probably saying this is a bunch of bull, but you need to look much closely, it pretty much is a deadlier new monster with in Hell Knight and Baron section.)

It should be a great candidate for a classic DOOM Guardian.

Vegeta said:

It should be a great candidate for a classic DOOM Guardian.

I know! It'd be like a great gaurdian before ACTUALLY fighting the Cyber Demon, showing how powerful hell is getting. Monsters I will list are permenant monsters on Skulltag, ZDoom, GZDoom, or considered DECORATE:

1. Stealth Monsters: Zombieman, Sargeant, Chaingunner, Baron, Archvile, Mancubus, some others but Pinkies already have a Stealth form.

2. SkullTag: Belphegor (Leader of Hell Knights and Barons), Hectebus (A Black skinned, green eyed fat ass Mancubus), CacoLantern (Now it's not a Tomato! It's an orange!), Blood Demon (Dark Red, 1.5 time faster then normal pinky on UV and lower), and Abaddon (A burned tomato whos fire balls are like tomatoes with fire).