Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

Flats in png format are not displayed ....

I have a wad with patches and flats in png format. DB allows me to browse the textures, but does not display the flats. Is there an option somewhere that I'm forgetting to turn on?

I'm using v1.68 Build 385.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out.

New question/issue pertaining to DB & .png format images. I know that DB supports the use of images between TX_START & TX_END, but that does not seem to be the case with .png format images between those markers. Is there any way to turn this "on" in the config file, or is this something that can only be done by update the source?

The code that reads textures in between TX_START and TX_END is the same as the code which reads the other textures. I don't see why you can't have PNG images in there.

The thing is, neither the texture nor the flat browser in DB shows the images between the TX_START & TX_END markers. Furthermore, in the Edit Sector Selection dialog box the image box reads "Unknown Flat". The flat shows up fine in-game. I don't know if this is an issue (although I don't see why this should matter), but the flat is 128*128.