Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lupinx-Kassman

Community Joke (Please join!)

Hell. With all of these community projects going on, and April coming around. Its time for a community project that will blow your socks off...(if anyone joins that is).

COMMUNITY JOKEWAD!

RULES

1. You must make the map for Zdoom! You dont have to use spiffy effects. But you can if you want to!

2. New graphics and Music GOOD! But no new monsters! (Zdoom scripted monsters dont count as new monsters if you didnt know that already).

3. Did I start this project at 6:00 in the morning? Yes!

The plan is for sign ups to begin today, and they will end by April 30. There is no limit to the sign ups, or no amount im trying to fill, just, however sign ups end by the end of April. You dont have to make a major donation! You can at least take 5 minutes from making your cool 1337 community wads to make a map for the community to laugh!(Please?). Thank you!

What we would still need:
1. A nice title for the project, if Community Joke is not good enough.
2.Titlepic, intermission, and end pick.

Thats it! Naturally ill sign myself up. JOIN THE MOVEMENT!

Release Date: When its f*cking done.

Mappers:

Lupinx-Kassman "Newdoom's bombship"
Vegeta
daimonreloaded *Done* "Cazatte" (several)
Glassyman *Done* "Untitled"
Kenesen "Lots and Lots of Doors"
Hardcore_Gamer "Untitled"

Contributers:
Steeveeo

EDIT: Updates.

Okey, I'm in, from some time ago I have an idea for a joke map. as Tormentor's team are adapting Knee Deep in the Dead to Zdoom, I'd like to adapt wow (the map with the cyberdemon in the ilusio pit).

The only thing I'd like to ask is to change april 30 to 15 or something earlier, we still have lots of time.

I don't like jokewads ran by newbies to doom because who knows it'll be more focused on shitty memery than actual mapping mockery

I just got done making a midi that is lame enough to be jokewad-worthy.

lol you missed an E in my name

(Steeveeo, not Steeveo)

Also, shouldnt I go under Contributors instead of Mappers?

Im not really one who makes joke wads(on purpose that is...)

BlackFish said:

How about instead of constant new community wads we focus on one? Try CC3.

Well, each new community wad follow a diferent theme or idea, not everyone likes the one of CC3 (still I assume we all respect it).

I just wanted to create a community project which is fun and limitless. Its simply mapping with a sense of humor attached. I hope more people become interested soon. :P

That is true, I still have yet to find a jokewad that was actually funny at all (except for a single cutscene in Mock2)

I have just one request. Make it... you know... actually funny.

Just wait to see my map, rather than an ilusio pit, I'm thinking about drunk monsters.

RoneKyakone said:

Jokewads stopped being funny.

Cif3 will change that.... by making it worse.

Every time a new community wad project starts, an unfinished community megawad dies a little.

What is the obsession with joke wads?

IMO, an awful lot of "joke" wads seem to be made because they are easy to make. An author with little skill, or perhaps little time, throws together some crappy level and releases it as a joke (usually a "joke" that has been done many times already". I've got news: punting a badly made piece of shit out into the archive and excusing it as a joke doesn't work. Jokes are meant to be funny and these things are not. They are usually piss-poor attempts at parodying bad mapping when in reality they are not parodies - they are bad mapping.

IMO, a good joke wad should take just as much time and effort as any other WAD of similar size. There have been some good joke wads but these were well mapped, not tossed off by a retard.

Unfortunately the term "joke wad" is now synonymous with "piece of lazy-ass shit mapping supposed to be oobar 1337 funnee" and there needs to be a new term for a map that is genuinely funny and a well made product as well.

Why does everyone assume that a jokewad has to be crappily made? It could have Gothic DM detail and Alien Vendetta gameplay, and still contain a sense of humor.

And btw *what* is CIF3?

I would post a link to Cif3's wad entry on WIP, but unfortuently, some queerbait deleted my entry.. two weeks after it was updated and almost two years sitting there on WIP offending no one.

I have a link to a thread with some information on Cif3 in Doomworld..

wait, that was deleted too. FUCK.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Why does everyone assume that a jokewad has to be crappily made?

Well, I didn't - I indicated that there have been some that weren't. However, it's an easy mistake to make given that most of the "joke" wads are crappily made. In fact, crappily made is being too kind to them. Occasionally you can find a nugget of gold in a pile of shit though.

I have the perfect idea. sign me up.

As for a name...hmmm.

The Joke

The Joke of Jokes

Joker...

I don't know.

Edit: Forget it, it wasn't that good an idea.

leileilol said:
I don't like jokewads ran by newbies to doom because who knows it'll be more focused on shitty memery than actual mapping mockery

in b4 DESU