Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kage No Shujin

Resurrection of Evil

What the hell is this thing. Is it considered a game in itself, or an expansion. If it's its own game, then why is it so short, and why is it, what I think, a crappy piece of crap Doom game. Here's a list of crap from the game that should've never been:
-Gravity Gun-Makes the game too f'in easy
-Hell knight Hunters-Too easy of bosses. And no originality.
-Hell's Artifact-This, as i said in the Gravity Gun, makes the game too easy. I mean, only one human soul to activate, and the artifact is uber powerful when activated, and the fact that humans (non-zombified) are spread everywhere. It should have been one human soul for each ability in the artifact.
-Where are the chainsaws-Why does this game not have any chainsaws. Its been in Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels of Doom, and Doom 3. I miss them :(

baronofhell said:

It was funner than the original Doom 3 if you ask me, and MORE action packed<-----what a DOOM game should be.

Apparently trying to convince you that the whole point of Doom 3 from the start wasn't so much the "action-packed" play of it as it was the capabilities of the engine (the engine itself wasn't designed to handle that much "action" anyway) it like trying to convice Fred Phelps that God doesn't hate fags after all.

Like someone else said earlier, you might as well complain that there's no Teltubbies in the game.

Kage No Shujin, most of your complaints about Doom3ROE being too easy sound like complaints about how original Doom1 is too easy -- it's all summarized to computer power and personal experience.

I don't find Doom3roe too easy yet, maybe I will when I get a new computer or when I try to actually play it.

I do think Doom3roe is some kind of wasted expansion opportunity. If id did it, we'd expect more quality, but I don't think they'd be doing anything similar to Doom2 compared to Doom1.

Kage No Shujin said:

What the hell is this thing. Is it considered a game in itself, or an expansion. If it's its own game, then why is it so short, and why is it, what I think, a crappy piece of crap Doom game. Here's a list of crap from the game that should've never been:
-Gravity Gun-Makes the game too f'in easy
-Hell knight Hunters-Too easy of bosses. And no originality.
-Hell's Artifact-This, as i said in the Gravity Gun, makes the game too easy. I mean, only one human soul to activate, and the artifact is uber powerful when activated, and the fact that humans (non-zombified) are spread everywhere. It should have been one human soul for each ability in the artifact.
-Where are the chainsaws-Why does this game not have any chainsaws. Its been in Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels of Doom, and Doom 3. I miss them :(

- i agree with the gravity gun.... why have guns when you can take the fire ball and shoot it back?
and chain saws being gon didnt bother me,
Its Doom. I like doom i'll play any doom.
I loved this doom, and all dooms.

Yeah I dunno why people are ragging on Doom 3, I really enjoyed the game. The only thing I didnt really like was that during the first part of RoE, all you had was this friggin shotgun for 2 hours against those super imps. That got really old really quickly.

At least the final Boss in RoE was kinda hard. The cyberdemon was so easy. Though of course, like most bosses it wasn't the boss itself that was hard but rather the available minions. Namely those flying skull Lost Soul things which are a huge pain in the butt.

The Cyberdemon on the other hand, wow, too easy. The concept itself isn't too bad, using the soul cube, but give the player some tougher enemies to fight instead of Imps and those two headed things. Have some hell knights crawling out of the pit and then we'd have a showdown!

AkalabethAngel said:

The only thing I didnt really like was that during the first part of RoE, all you had was this friggin shotgun for 2 hours against those super imps. That got really old really quickly.

I think they wanted to suggest you to use the Grabber primarely, to throw the plasma balls right back into the Vulgar´s faces. And that was quite fun :)

I enjoyed this game, but I have to disagree on the artifact, I didn't like it that much as compared to the soul cube.

Yeah I dunno why people spend there time complaining.

I REALLY like all the Doom games (Doom Doom II Final Doom Doom II master levels Doom 64 Doom III and RoE.

Coughfangirlcough I know.

And I didn't even really notice that the chainsaw was missing! lol

Hmmm. Didn't bother me at all and I thought the gravity gun was fun.

It seemed funner to use in RoE the HL 2.

Hmm, I might have to get Resurrection of Evil, I've never actually played it. I finally got a video card for my new computer that can play Doom 3 tonight, so I was playing it again for the first time in three years. It's actually alot better than I remember it. It's very creepy, and the switching between a firearm and a flashlight, and managing ammo can be rather intense at times. I'm going to try to track down ROE. I love doom in all its forms. I started off on Doom shareware in 93, got doom 2, ultimate doom, doom 64, doom 3. I've played jaguar doom, doom 32x, GBA doom, psx doom, etc... And it's always been fun, no matter what system, or what's been done to it.

RoE was enjoyable, but far too easy in my opinion. I did not regret my purchase, but it could have been more.

I did enjoy the Gravity Gun in it, unlike with HL2, they attempted some semblance of game design by having it become unstable, unable to hold a charge for a period of time so you couldn't just hold onto the heaviest object for a long while. Well chosen in that regard, and hey, id actually coded their physics engine so it didn't feel like a middleware gimmick.

The double barreled shotgun is very fun, though it does shorten those close range brawls with hell knights quite significantly...

Vulgars were a lot less than I anticipated as monsters... No real complaints, but nothing exceptional. The big badasses, Bruisers I think? They never posed a threat due to their size... Tend to get trapped in areas, at which point I would run past, or make use of my hand grenades which bounce ridiculously...

Artifact is fun to play with, and overpowered simply because of the huge quantity of corpses to be found... I never had a reason to not use it, as I knew I would be replenished after the next encounter.

Bosses had a very MegaMan feel, which I don't know if I liked or disliked... Final boss was a bit better than Doom3s.

I liked it, decent enough as an expansion pack, but like Doom3 it could use some better level design at many points and could stand to be a bit tougher at moments.

scar3crow said:

The double barreled shotgun is very fun, though it does shorten those close range brawls

Same as the Doom 2 SSG.

Any reason why you just bumped this topic just to bitch about a missing chainsaw?
Besides, if you paid attention to doom3's story line, then you would know why, logically, that there were no chainsaws in the expansion.

Dear Beth. If you are a fan girl, then you would have noticed the chainsaw missing. And you would have burnt this piece of rubbish as I did.

Wut...you bumped the topic over CHAINSAWS?...

I'm sorry but I see a similarity in you and dissatified Bioshock owners. They troll related boards and complain about a particular product until they (in theory) get what they want.

What's the point you are trying to make?
*Has Doom 3 and RoE on the PC with no regrets.*
----
Dear User. I take much issue with your fanboyism and wish you the best of wishes when they come out with Doom 4 for the Sega Genesis that will not possess a chainsaw, but in fact, possesses a banana. When wielding this banana with authority PLEASE do not feed the animals/demons/the possessed.

For those of you who found RoE too easy. I suggest you do what iI did and play it w/o using the artifact.

Fine, and then be swarmed all around by Vulgars? Only if my computer copes.

Maybe it's used better in custom maps. Gotta check.

I am sorry I bumped it, just haven't been on in a while. I don't just use the internet to update a forum everyday unless I'm in a heated argument. This topic is now closed.