Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kage No Shujin

New games from id

Not that this would've made much of a difference in the game itself, but one thing that disappointed me about Doom 3 right away was the simple and plain game manual that came with it. No humorous descriptions of the weapons and demons, a little info on all the characters would've been nice too. I know, I know, all of this was covered in the strategy guide, but I passed on purchasing, just read the interesting parts standing in Best Buy.

I did like Doom 3 myself, just because of the fact that if you play it in the dark, alone makes it scary as f***. Now that is fun. What would have made the game more interesting, is if they would have made the zombies (like the PDA messages) models from the producers of the game. That would have been inventive (not saying the PDA names weren't inventive enough). I know the old Dooms were not suppose to be scary, but actiony. But what some people don't get (what I understand) is that John Romaro did not help with Doom 3, but he helped with the old Dooms. Which should answer why Doom 3 was not what some of you guys call a "Doom sequel".

Kage No Shujin said:

Is id going to make anymore Doom games?

No, IIRC they said they were going to do something completely new, which means they're going to put a lot of effort into making an advanced state of the art next generation engine to license to other companies that won't even be as great as it's hyped out to be and will accomplish this by sacrificing effort on creating fun, original and interesting gameplay.

Kage No Shujin said:

A Doom RTS would be fun. Play in LA, the Mormon camp, Hawaii, Mars, so on. That would be interesting. Playing as Rebels, Demons, and the traitorous humans.

NO. NO. NO.

printz said:
Sounds like GTA crap. I've only seen that game, but sounds unoriginal. I believe id will simply break apart in favor for bigger, more annoying companies, like electric arts.

you fail for so many many reasons.

I said:

Sounds like GTA crap. I've only seen that game, but sounds unoriginal. I believe id will simply break apart in favor for bigger, more annoying companies, like electric arts.

Captain Red said:

you fail for so many many reasons.

Glad to hear I'm wrong with both :)