Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kage No Shujin

New games from id

They are currently developing a new game but it's under tight wraps. All they said was it's going to be something completely new. I'm guessing it will most likely be a FPS.

And yet, if it does end up being an FPS, one could accurately guess what more than half of the weapons would be. ;)

I was under the impression that their next project was an RPG. Not that phone game, mind you, but a full-blown adventure game.

Like Quake how it was originally meant to be (at least John Romero's version of it)?

Rumor has it that there might be a Doom 4 from one of id's pseudo-satellite studios, like Nerve or something.

They could make a game where you run around a city and steal cars and shoot people, while doing jobs for the mafia

Make a game where you try to manage a ... wait, steevo didn't mention a rpg!!!!!! Doom city 2000 anyone?

deathbringer said:

They could make a game where you run around a city and steal cars and shoot people, while doing jobs for the mafia

Sounds like GTA crap. I've only seen that game, but sounds unoriginal. I believe id will simply break apart in favor for bigger, more annoying companies, like electric arts.

To lazy to look for a source right now(just woke up), but id confirmed their next project is a FPS, just has nothing to do with Quake, Doom, or Wolfenstein. It's going to be an entirely new IP, but still a first person shooter. Quake Wars and Castle Wolfenstein are also on the way, but being made by partner studios of id.

Linguica said:

Rumor has it that there might be a Doom 4 from one of id's pseudo-satellite studios, like Nerve or something.

Ugh. Doom 3 does not need a sequel. Doom I and II, those need a proper sequel. Something that stays campy and unbelievable, just the way Doom was created. I'm all for "revisioning" unless it completely ruins the feel of the title that it was trying to replicate in the first place... like Doom 3.

Ah, who am I kidding, that'll never happen. Hooray mediocrity.

baronofhell said:

To lazy to look for a source right now(just woke up), but id confirmed their next project is a FPS, just has nothing to do with Quake, Doom, or Wolfenstein. It's going to be an entirely new IP, but still a first person shooter. Quake Wars and Castle Wolfenstein are also on the way, but being made by partner studios of id.

There's also hints that it's not a straight shooter, altough I don't think they will deviate that much. Certainly not to the First Person Action RPG branch, altough there's always a possibility, they all used to be gigantic D&D nerds.

Also, there seems to be more emphasis on exteriors (and not precisely because of Nerve's implementation of MegaTexture for Quake War's terrain, something IIRC Carmack said once).

Dittohead said:

Ugh. Doom 3 does not need a sequel. Doom I and II, those need a proper sequel. Something that stays campy and unbelievable, just the way Doom was created. I'm all for "revisioning" unless it completely ruins the feel of the title that it was trying to replicate in the first place... like Doom 3.

Time for me to take another vacation.

[QUOTE]deathbringer said:

printz said:

Sounds like GTA crap. I've only seen that game, but sounds unoriginal. I believe id will simply break apart in favor for bigger, more annoying companies, like electric arts.

lol it looks like you just killed his joke

A Doom RTS would be fun. Play in LA, the Mormon camp, Hawaii, Mars, so on. That would be interesting. Playing as Rebels, Demons, and the traitorous humans. Controling an army of Hellknights........ Fun

Dittohead said:

First off, I personally liked Doom3, but not for the same reasons that made the classics my favorite.
Ones of the things that I had hoped for was a following of the mod community similar to the vanilla days of classic Doom. Coop and classic doom 3 seems to be the step in the right direction, but ultimately I feel for Doom 3 to play close to the originals there needs to be some maps out there by people who built them based on the fast-paced gameplay that we know and love.
In fact, after I learned the basics, I thought about trying my own hand at mapping for Doom 3 with the inspiration of the originals.

Danarchy said:

Like Quake how it was originally meant to be (at least John Romero's version of it)?

Wasn't that Daikatana?

Id have produced less and less of interest to me. IMO, nowadays they are just some company that used to make interesting and innovative games but now produce technology which may be innovative and interesting but, in isolation from a good game, doesn't excite me at all. The people who had the ideas that made their games fun to play are no longer there.