Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Maes

Whatever happened to "Doom: Rampage Edition" ?

Whatever happened to one of the most controversial TCs ever, aka as the "Daikatana of Doom TCs" ?

I know the full version is illegal, unlinkable to and unfindable (?), but wasn't there supposed to be a "legalized" and more lightweight to download version? The official idgames archive and most mirrors don't seem to include anything related, and Rampage Doom's site doesn't provide the download since looong ago.

So, can anyone help here? It's worth collecting it just for the joke/Daikatana-ish value there's to it ;-)

I don't think you can find it anywhere. I still have the original version if you are really desperate for it, but everyone in this thread is right. It's not worth playing.

Both the creation and its creator have been sent back to the fiery pits of Hell from whence they came.

I was just thinking that maybe it finally deserves a place in idgames/ along wow.wad and 1337.wad :-) The mp3-free version, of course.

Also, since all the complaints were about "the implementation, not the idea", why didn't anyone continue it/solve its bugs and bring it to new life?

If anyone can provide an mp3-free version and an upload link, I'll take the burden of uploading to idgames, if I manage to make it workable with newer ZDoom versions :-)

Maes said:

Also, since all the complaints were about "the implementation, not the idea", why didn't anyone continue it/solve its bugs and bring it to new life?

You can't salvage maps that are beyond any possible repair. Most of DRE was utter crap.

But...was it really true that Doom: Rampage Edition was 3 years in the making? If so it would really be on the par with Daikatana, where somebody threatened to make us all his bitches but that just didn't happen.

However long this was in the making doesn't matter because the mapper was hopelessly unable to create something worth playing.

Graf Zahl said:

However long this was in the making doesn't matter because the mapper was hopelessly unable to create something worth playing.

I will cherish this post to remind you of it when/if the right time comes.

If that means what I think it means, let me tell you that your opinion about a map's quality has no meaning to me! :P

Graf Zahl said:

Oh man I am saving this, I even know when to use it, I just have to beat belial. Its gold. And I didn't even say it.

You are not qualified to judge this comment. Belial will know what this means. You don't - and you won't ever because you have no fucking clue about the context.

OK so belial and I don't want to use it at the same time. Makes it all the more useful. Besides, I don't have to judge it to quote it, just slip a few tags in the right places.