Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richo Rosai

Doom midis for cell phone rings?

I know I'm not the only one.

After moving to a country where cell phones are so ubiquitous that not owning one would make serious problems even for a complete shut-in like myself (and where they often take the place of land lines, many young people (and me) not having a regular phone at all), I finally caved in and got one. The pay games didn't impress me and my Gamepark much, but I was happy to see that even the cheapest model replaced my mp3 player and supported midi, both for listening and "ringtones".

So I figure I'm not the only one who loaded up the Doom soundtrack to assign tracks from it to various cell phone functions.

What tracks do you use? I use:

Phone call: E1M1
Mail: Them Bon... er, Map23
Alarm: E3M2
Backup Alarm for oversleeping/missetting of primary alarm: E3M8

Okay, sorry to anyone who actually read this. I've actually been contracted by the army to test the limits of pointlessness in message board posts. That or I was bored waiting for the rice machine to finish.

Richo Rosai said:

Okay, sorry to anyone who actually read this. I've actually been contracted by the army to test the limits of pointlessness in message board posts. That or I was bored waiting for the rice machine to finish.

Was that you who posted this?

I don't use midis, but I use the Doom 2 DSRADIO for SMSes. Simple enough that it doesn't strike as Doomy.