Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Wads with satanism

Are there any good wad/mods which make use of Doom ALPHA press release graphics, including the various treasure, which happens to look quite satanic? I'd like to see some creation in which the marine faces or manipulates unholy daggers, skullchests, crosses, magic circles, unholy bibles, skull staves, cyberdemon avatars, supercyberdemonfallenangel avatars, crafted arachnotrons, black magic from the monsters and other stuff which doesn't come now in my mind.

Maes said:

How about Heretic? :-p

No, I'm more interested in Doom and the very subtle way in art of mixing the mundane with fantasy and superstition, such as long-term curses.

Eternity TC was going to contain some of these items as weapons and plot devices. The Skull Rod was to become one of the new weapons. Ebola rendered a beta version of it, but it was lost at some point. The Demonic Dagger was slated to possibly replace the fist, and the Unholy Bible was going to masquerade as the Necronomicon, a plot item that was to be needed in the 2nd episode Temple of Light map in the quest to restore the Ankh of Demon's Bane.

the_evil.wad is an automap work of art. Asides from some quasi-boring maps I played 'inspired' by Lovecraft, I haven't seen too much in the way of 'more pentagrammy than Doom already is'.