Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelzam

NIN music vid found on usb drive @ London

Haven't there been USB drives "planted" in all sorts of places with the new NIN material?

Kid Airbag said:

Haven't there been USB drives "planted" in all sorts of places with the new NIN material?

Viral marketing anyone? :-P

Cuts out advertizing the thing if you just "leak" it to spread it amongst the hardcore fans so they can trickle it down to the casual listeners, etc.

caco_killer said:

That video won't be on MTV.

MTV has become irrelevant for all but a tiny fraction of the music biz.

Viral marketing is a really good strategy for bands which don't have ginormous marketing budgets backing them as the return publicity for even a tiny investment can be immense, and face it, NIN is not the heavyweight it used to be.

That say I really prefer when bands choosing the viral marketing model is honest about it. In reality there is no need for all this "leaked material" bullshit as everyone sees right through it.

Little Faith said:

Viral marketing is a really good strategy for bands which don't have ginormous marketing budgets backing them as the return publicity for even a tiny investment can be immense, and face it, NIN is not the heavyweight it used to be.

That say I really prefer when bands choosing the viral marketing model is honest about it. In reality there is no need for all this "leaked material" bullshit as everyone sees right through it.

Agreed. I predict in the future MTV is going to change their name and leave music to it's sister channels(MTV2, etc.)

Little Faith said:

MTV sucks in general, and when I hear that something has been "aired on MTV" I generally avoid it, and usually I'm right. Not even maddox is THAT right :-p

Maes said:

Not even maddox is THAT right :-p

There's a bold statement :D Clever marketing (or lack thereof) though on Trent's part.

NIN ruins my shit every time they come to town, can't wait to get 'em in concert again.

Actually of all the new songs on "Year Zero" I think this one is the worst.

Why can't people figure out simple data security? Now everyone on the internet is watching their music video. IDIOTS

not as bad as whatever the title track on their last album was, but still pretty bad.

also, lol trent with a haircut.

Heh. This is so obviously a viral marketing thing. I mean, how likely is it that a video would be just lying on a USB drive, and that someone would just happen to lose it? It's not really very probable if you think about it.

Quast said:

not as bad as whatever the title track on their last album was, but still pretty bad.

I'm quite fond of With Teeth. This album, though, I'm a little worried about.

A-WITHA TEETH-A

Is he really wearing a scarf in this video?! wtf

From the songs I've listened to so far this album is shaping up to be entirely forgettable.

Hell of a drum performance.

Anyway, I like it, and I'm looking forward to Year Zero (and With Teeth kicked ass, too).

What the shit? With that haircut and that gay scarf, T-Rez looks like some sort of cockney gangster.

Anyway, Survivalism is probably my least favorite of what I've heard yet. In This Twilight is way better.

Danarchy said:

What the shit? With that haircut and that gay scarf, T-Rez looks like some sort of cockney gangster.

Would you prefer this?

After watching the trailer for the movie 300 a few times, I feel the need to rush to my local Best Buy store and pick up NIN's Fragile, the better of the past two albums if you ask me.

baronofhell said:

After watching the trailer for the movie 300 a few times, I feel the need to rush to my local Best Buy store and pick up NIN's Fragile, the better of the past two albums if you ask me.

The Fragile was amazing. One of the greatest albums ever, in my opinion.

AirRaid said:

Heh. This is so obviously a viral marketing thing. I mean, how likely is it that a video would be just lying on a USB drive, and that someone would just happen to lose it? It's not really very probable if you think about it.

Yeah, of course it's intentional, there's a whole ARG out there fueled by these leaks.

He has the attire of a rioter, the "scarf" comes in handy to filter out tear gas. Fits the whole Art is Resistance motif.

baronofhell said:

Somewhat Damaged/Pilgrimage FTW

Danarchy said:

In This Twilight is way better.

I latched on to that one instantly when I heard it. I am digging "Me, I'm Not" alot more at the moment though. Pretty good chill out song.

Survivalism, at least, isn't as bad as With Cheese. Holy shit that album was cheesy. My housemate tried to learn The Hand That Feeds on guitar. The first time I heard him try it, it was on an acousitc guitar, and the only clue that told me it wasn't The Kinks' "You Really Got Me" was an additional note on the end of the main riff.