Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JimmyB

wrong wad file for doom2

Hi there, I have been trying to use the ZDAEMON program to play doom online, i have the ultimate doom collectors edition. I go onto ultimate doom maps they are ok, as it connects fine, but when i try to connect to doom2 or final doom maps it says i have incorrect WAD file.

i have version 1.9 already as it already comes with the collectors edition game; anyone got any ideas?

thanks in advance

You have a copy of Ultimate Doom. That's not the same as Doom2 or Final Doom, but a seperate game.

If you have the collectors edition, you should have all four wads in their most recent version. It's just a matter of copying them to the ZDaemon directory. From what you've described, you must have only copied doom.wad there. You want doom2.wad, tnt.wad, and plutonia.wad in the ZDaemon directory too. It might be saying incorrect wad version (for final doom) because it downloads incorrect iwads (maybe intentional) when they are not present in the main directory.

Mordeth said:

You have a copy of Ultimate Doom. That's not the same as Doom2 or Final Doom, but a seperate game.

He did say "collectors edition" and as far as I'm aware there is no packaged labeled as "collectors edition" which only includes one version of Doom.

ok thanks, but sorry if this sounds stupid, but how do i copy the wad files to the directory, i am not really familiar with the game files. I have found the WAD files fine, but what is best way to copy them; i dont want another computer fixing headache...

JimmyB said:

ok thanks, but sorry if this sounds stupid, but how do i copy the wad files to the directory, i am not really familiar with the game files. I have found the WAD files fine, but what is best way to copy them; i dont want another computer fixing headache...

Just plain copy and paste them to the zdaemon wads folder or another folder. Remember to point zdaemon launcher to the folder, you placed them in.

alright done that but: "your doom2 wad version is incorrect, please visit zdaemon org for more help"; what the hell??? i have the right version!!

It could possibly be that the server itself is playing with an old version...that's a rare case, though.