Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLazenby

Toughest Doom level?

Of the iwads?.. hmm shit. Other than a few levels in Plutonia, I never had any real difficulty beating them.

But I suppose i'll have to agree with the others that Go 2 It is the hardest of the bunch.

Personally I prefer pwads over the iwads levels.. not that the iwad levels are bad.. just.. overplayed.. I burned them out.

JohnnyRancid said:

E1M3. That acid pit gets me every time.

Uninstall. Play solitaire.

JohnnyRancid said:

Damn stealthy acid pit, sneaking around like that.

JohnnyRancid said:

= joke.

i dont think there's any real debate that plutonia has the hardest levels in an iwad, especially Go 2 It and others...i've beaten all other iwads except for Plutonia, too difficult for me ;P

oh yeah plus e4m1 and e4m2, those ones took a while to figure out the first time i played 'em...and they were short enough so they were fun to keep on tryin and tryin...unlike plutonia, where there's no end to the madness

I think most players just feel overwhelmed by pl32. In a way it's similar to h232, as I could name harder maps in both wads, yet those two usually get picked when people name hard/hardest maps.

that's because you get overwhelmed by tons of big monsters if you don't know the level. it comes as a surprise in an iwad. there are many other difficult to play levels, but none with an onslaught like this.

After all those HR-like PWADs out there, designed for limit removing ports, I doubt an official level designed to be actually playable on a 486 back then could ever be as hard in terms of "raw firepower" deployed against the player. Maybe in terms of traps or trickery, but not in terms of "brute strength". There were of course the infamous Horde PWADs back in 1994... MANLY LEAD, 'nuff said.