Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr8

About COMPET-N and demo files =D

What is the best "viewer" for all these great demos ?
I mean a source port which accept to run all of them.

I'm under Win2k and can only use a source port to see them.
(I use Zdoom to play)

I currently use the awful (skuz'me for the fans...) Doom95 Shareware to see some of them but there's some problem of synchro sometimes :(

I'm sad ! I want to see them to be kicked away by the master Doom players !

***About Compet-n***
There's no demos of The Master Levels ?
I know they are on Leidmeister but no one is interested by them on compet-n site ?
I'm the only one here to like The 21 master levels wads ? ;P

No, not exactly. Only vanilla doom2 port, which is the original doom2.exe is the most compatible port for all compet-n demos.

When you need to run demos, supposedly you need to run "Avsocx11.lmp" which is for doom2 map01, go to run command 'c:\doom2\doom2.exe -playdemo Avsocx11.lmp'

For pwad demo, like hr.wad, run command from the start button 'c:\doom2\doom2.exe -file hr.wad -playdemo name.lmp'

Only vanilla doom2 port, which is the original doom2.exe

He already said that won't work, he needs a Windows port because he's on Win2K which has no DOS support.

Heh, the first time I saw some desync on a recorded demo was from deadnail's running on Hexen's Map01.

Mmh, before realizing something was going pretty bad, my thoughts were "wtf? he sucks".

Doom(2).exe works perfectly fine under Win2K... even on the worst one for gaming; Win2K advanced server.
At least for watching demos. You can't use certain keys and stuff in dos apps, so my keyboard config goes right out the window here at school :)

Doom(2).exe works perfectly fine under Win2K... even on the worst one for gaming; Win2K advanced server.
At least for watching demos. You can't use certain keys and stuff in dos apps, so my keyboard config goes right out the window here at school :)

Not with mine badly, I just have a little dos screen, then nothing happens...

One more question:
Are the 1.7a patch and the 1.9 patch modify the .wad file or only the doom2.exe and dm.exe ?
Because I don't remember if the warp on the map "Tenements" (in the room where the caged Arch-Vile is) finally works with those patch...

Waw, I've spend the night watching Ultimate Doom & Doom II UV100 demos
and I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND how they can clean a map so fast with so precision in shooting monsters...
BOUHOUHOU ! I just call my Mom to be comforted... ;)
Simply amazing...

*Special mention to the PERFECT HATRED map*
I didn't know the BFG could be reach this way ;), Nice trick.

Well, all the Ultimate Doom & Doom II UV100 demos works under prboom 2.2.2 except:

Doom II map01 ENTRYWAY
Doom II map02 UNDERHALLS
Doom II map03 THE GANTLET
Doom II map11 CIRCLE OF DEATH
Doom II map15 INDUSTRIAL ZONE (Damn !)
Doom II map17 TENEMENTS (because of the warp in the Arch-vile room...)
Doom II map18 THE COURTYARD
Doom II map25 BLOODFALLS

Uhm... Patch to 1.9 no matter what :)

I've heard that doom runs better under win2K with the -devparm parameter. Try it (doom2 -playdemo blahblahblah -devparm) :)

Uhm... Patch to 1.9 no matter what :)

I just retry the Tenements' warp under the latest Zdoom, and the warp still don't work...

And damn, I can't patch my old 1.666 (8/24/94) doom2.exe to 1.7a...
(error ept0036: Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match)
I should have save mine when I was still under 98 I guess... crap.

Well, all the Ultimate Doom & Doom II UV100 demos works under prboom 2.2.2 except:

Doom II map01 ENTRYWAY
Doom II map02 UNDERHALLS
Doom II map03 THE GANTLET
Doom II map11 CIRCLE OF DEATH
Doom II map15 INDUSTRIAL ZONE (Damn !)
Doom II map17 TENEMENTS (because of the warp in the Arch-vile room...)
Doom II map18 THE COURTYARD
Doom II map25 BLOODFALLS

Odd, all demos at Compet-N works for me under PrBoom2.2.2
Maybe your doom2.wad is an old version?

Odd, all demos at Compet-N works for me under PrBoom2.2.2
Maybe your doom2.wad is an old version?

Yes, I've got the 1.666 and I forget to upgrade to 1.9 !
(I've already done this when I was under Win98 but forget to do it again when I pass under Win2k)...
More, I took the wrong patch before, now it works !
I'm a real crap sometimes... (always ???)

Thanx !
(Pfouff...Matters over...)

No, not exactly. Only vanilla doom2 port, which is the original doom2.exe is the most compatible port for all compet-n demos.

Making a lot of sense right there...

Making a lot of sense right there...

Well, technically it's fine to look at the original DOOM as a port, because it was ported from Linux.

Well, technically it's fine to look at the original DOOM as a port, because it was ported from Linux.

No, doom was developed on NeXT cubes, although there was a linux port of the original version.

Doom95 (don't laugh!).

I don't laugh ;P
I've used it since yesterday :(