Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLazenby

Go 2 It... anyone done it?

I just beat Go 2 IT from pistol start with only using 2 megaspheres.  That leaves 7 remaining megaspheres.  Can anyone do that?  Oh, and I have the video to prove it (recorded after all of the killing (no cheat codes used)).

@James BeamWhy did you bump an 11-year-old thread? And it's your first post here too! There's a rule saying you shouldn't bump threads that haven't been updated in at least three months. At least you have a valid response that's on-topic compared to most bumps, which are just like "Bump" and nothing else.

imagine waking up one day and making a doomworld account for the sake of bumping a random thread someone made before you were born

on a serious note, something really needs to be done about those weird suggested topic things at the bottom of the page when you have ads on (i think they're still around?)

they seem to pick threads at complete random, from any date in time

this is almost 100% why threads keep getting bumped like this, as it's fairly easy to miss how old/dead a thread is if you don't realize it's going to be so old

On 3/18/2007 at 11:16 PM, Csonicgo said:

Hahaa, no one has successfully Tyson'd this map YET.

:)

When you are new to a site, all threads, no matter how old they are, are new to you, and this is your first opportunity to reply to them. I think this explains the common occurrence of somebody's first post being a necro bump.

Necrobumps are fine. I don't care, unless it's extremely egregious or by a poster who should know better. Doomworld has 15+ years' worth of #content just mouldering away in the deep dark recesses of the forum indexes and frankly, it's gonna be new to almost everybody seeing it. So it's basically a free thread and all I had to do was amass and preserve an extremely long history of discussions!

This was unexpectedly nostalgic.

Go 2 It and PUNISHER are what got me hooked on making stupid maps full of monsters.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:45 PM, James Beam said:

I just beat Go 2 IT from pistol start with only using 2 megaspheres.  That leaves 7 remaining megaspheres.  Can anyone do that?  Oh, and I have the video to prove it (recorded after all of the killing (no cheat codes used)).

I think you'll love some of the slaughtermaps we offer here on Doomworld.

Sunlust, Sunder, NGM2, Holy Hell, and way too many more. These maps have literally thousands of monsters and a few even have tens of thousands. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Plutonia 2 has a level called Go 4 IT which is a sequel.

I find Go 2 It more tedious than hard. The Arch-viles being the biggest culprit but I cannot lie when I say I found it easier than some of the late maps of plutonia (25-30 range).

Now what about Go 4 It? ;)

Go 2 It... Is surprisingly easy to cheese if you know what you're doing (I didn't so I savescumed... I think. I don't remember). This is especially weird since more than 90% of Plutonia is geared to aggressive play and don't really leave too much to cheese.

EDIT: Also, holy hell! This thread was created 7 years before I joined DoomWorld.

It is easy even with multiplayer monsters. It just takes forever to clear all the shit camping everywhere. Definitely not the hardest map in final doom to pistol start.

I am a mediocre doom veteran and I find "Go 2 It" surprisingly easy especially if you play cautiously. It is NOT one of those maps that forces you to play at a faster pace. I can easily name 5 Plutonia maps that are more difficult than "Go 2 It".