Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is one of my maps that I am making for NDCP2 its about 25% done so far and uses slot19.The idea behind this map came from doom3 first hell map where you find yourself standing on the shores of hell with an stronghold in the distance.The green marble/gstone will be replaced with gray/red versions.

I'm going for an true hell map so I'm planning to use only pure hellish monsters so no monsters with cybernetic parts on them.I will try my best into making it as hellish as possible it seems to come together pretty good so far.

[EDIT] By Mordeth: for god's sake put a carriage return after each closing tag to avoid breaking forum layout, thanks!

If you're still going for a pure hell style, try also replacing the man-made items with the supernatural, such as only using the items labelled "Artifacts" in the Doom manual. But then again, you can't do the same with weaponry when there are no possessed around.

When you play you will get your weapons/ammo/health from dead marines, I place the items around dead marines and nowhere else in the map.So you get the impression that alot of other marines have failed to clear this place from its evil.

Arifacts is an whole different thing those get placed where I like them, it depends on the aritfact some will be hard to get hold of and some will be trapped.

Great work. I think I have some hell textures from DOOM 3, may be you're interested.

Holy crap that looks awesome! I never really enjoyed hell-themed maps, but you certainly changed my mind after seeing those screenshots. Keep up the great work.

HOLY FREAKING...

Your probably one of THE BEST mappers on Doomworld, Dutch! Remaking some of Doom 3 levels is hard but you'll probably be able to remake Doom 3 on Doom 2 since your so freaking good.

In the first screenshot, the candles and the torch on the right, are still vertical, even if the player looks down.
Ha, a and very nice level. Wooh.

Vegeta said:

Great work. I think I have some hell textures from DOOM 3, may be you're interested.

Dunno I have allready alot of hell type textures to work with, and I'm not sure if doom3 textures will fit in with my other ones.Its not an exact remake of the doom3 map only this part of the map came from doom3 the first hell map.Doom3 impressed me alot and it looked freaking creepy I was almost too scared to leave the starting point :p

It still needs alot of work and it is nowwhere near completion, it will probably be close to the limits.Gameplay still isn't done not quite sure how I can make the map play nicely ive never atempted an map with areas this big so there will probably be alot of monsters teleporting in all the time but I think that might get boring/predictable after an couple of times.

[edit]Mapshot its pretty big.

May be E3M6 gameplay could fit here. Map 30 in the "10 Sectors" contest was a hell themed map, with large open areas, perhaps you can take some ideas from it. But I'm not sure which gameplay style you're looking for.

In any case, I can't wait to play this one.

An couple more shots from diffrent angles did some more work on it today added some floating rocks.

[EDIT] By Mordeth: carriage returns...

Sure it looks good, but is it going to play well? :) Let's hope it's gonna have some proper traps, not just the 'see demon SSG demon' gameplay type of straightforwardness. {note that I haven't played Dutch's levels so far; I'm just wildguessing}

Null Space may also help in the gameplay department.
This is insanely great, keep it up.

I always thought that hell would look a little more gothic-y. try using some of the gargoyles and statues from Hexen.

It will be pretty hard larger groups of monsters at once thats the idea.Don't know about Hexen the project is for boom format and I'm not sure how to put in new sprites without replacing some of the other ones, and to be honest I don't care about a few Hexen sprites.

Needs to be even more hellish got and cool idea an big satanic upside down cross floating in the sky :p

screw hexen and heretic, what this needs is good moody music and good effects, because the map itself looks perfect so far as the screens can show.

It looks damn fine like that and don't need to be made more "hellish" IMO. Great work!

Wow, this looks amazing! Dutch you never stop me to surprise :P

I will sure be waiting for it. I really like the hell theme. Screenies look very cool. Sort of scary or creepy. Should be a blast when done I'm sure.

Looks amazing man. Are you going to add some crushers? They are kinda forgotten these days. Sorry I just can't wait to play this map.

Yeah crushers seem to have forgotten these days I almost never use them I can't even remember when I made chrushers.

I always found it an stupid way to die you survive every monster in an map and you get squased by an silent chrusher in an dark area or something :p

dutch devil said:

I always found it an stupid way to die you survive every monster in an map and you get squased by an silent chrusher in an dark area or something :p

Sounds like a stupid way to make a crusher. :p

Yeah if you like to piss off people :p

What does "carriage" mean does this has something to do with the screens being displayed different than normal.