Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
farhaven

some kind of new map start

Hi people,

I recently created some kind of a new map,at least a start. Until now I'm calling it FNORD (or MAP01 :) ) until I come up with a better name. This one uses a bit of decorate and some ACS scripting and therefore requires Zdoom >= 2.1.7 (I have been told it works with 2.1.5 too,but I can not guarantee anything). At the moment I'm having an empty mind about ideas on what to add,suggestions are welcome :)

the wad adds four new commands to the command list:
Zoom : not bound to any key by default
Ingame menu up : bound to U by default
Ingame menu down : bound to J by default
Ingame menu select : bound to K by default

the last three commands are used for a simple reward system I created in which every killed enemy gives the player "UAC credits" for which he can purchase healthpoints or shotgun shells.

the wad lies here

yours,farhaven

daimonreloaded said:

Screenshots looks awesome

Hmm... They look rather plain to me.

yeah, all the rooms seem, kind of squarish. you should mix it up a little bit. add some twists and turns, varying floor and ceiling heights. little things like that.

other than that, it looks pretty good so far. probably with some adjustments, it could be one hell of a map.

i'll play it tomorrow, the hour grows late now. as soon as i submit this post i'll probably go tip over.

good luck on the map.

Shadow Dweller said:

yeah, all the rooms seem, kind of squarish. you should mix it up a little bit. add some twists and turns, varying floor and ceiling heights. little things like that.

I agree, needs to have more circulation, add more sky to it, and add more varied floors and a better sixed roof if you have hopes of placing a Cyber Demon an Spider Mastermind.

ARGGGH!!! Don't link to thumbnails! So annoying.

EDIT: Nm, its not your fault - its vBulletin.

well,I didn't want to use any kind of cyberdemon or mastermind as they seem somehow "overused" to me and I suppose a map needs an excellent architecture (which mine hasn't) to use those without looking too much "1994" :)

well anyway,I'm working on it but still lacking ideas,any suggestions?

I found it odd that I was able to use the vending machine while being nowhere near it. Other than that, you could add a little bit of varying detail here and there, perhaps expand on that spot with that blue light...

Nice system you got going there farhaven, what are your plans so far with it, or are you just bullshitting with it at the moment?

Also, reguardless of what others say, I think the detail is fine at this point... that should be the last thing you concentrate on. :)

Awesom so far, keep it up!

well,I kind of wanted it to be like a mixup of bet on soldier and counterstrike where you somehow "save" money to buy larger weapons or you could by more ammunition for weapons,depending on what your priorities are. basically I wanted to make the player work for what they get and not just put some items into the level :)

Edit:

I updated the map,it now has a proper ending and some more diving action :)
grab it here

once again an update,this time the architecture is complete,only monster placement is to be improved,but as I'm not very good when it comes to this,I once again am free for suggestions.

fnord.wad